3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 1:22 PM by Adolfo Rozenfeld

Colour Matching...

-oh dear-

I have painstakingly removed markings from some moving vehicles by tracking and masking off then exporting a single frame as psd into photoshop to remove the markings with a stamp tool then adding this 'patch' of the affected area to the track over the original image - however of course, the colour only looks right on one or two frames and for the rest of the frames the colour lightens and darkens.

Can anyone please advise on the best (and easiest) way to correct the colour so that it fits the rest of the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Colour Matching...
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

After Effects also has a clone stamp tool.

You can use motion tracking to drive the clone brush position and in this way remove the track marks.

This is reasonably easy when the areas around the marks are quite large and/or uniform in texture. If they are not, it becomes much more complicated, because you also have to animate the sample point to keep sampling from an area which is similar in color/lightness.  Pesrpective changes in the car can be really painful. If perspective stays locked, a fixed sampling point can be used easily.

• 2. Re: Colour Matching...
            Norbertofh Level 1

I'm also looking for a color matching process that allows me to make two different layers more alike.

Basically I have 2 shots of the same subject, but as the lights changed a little from one shot to the other, those 2 shots have slightly different hues.

It would be great to have something like that "Match Color" adjustment that Photoshop features.

• 3. Re: Colour Matching...
              Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Norbertofh:

The Color Finesse color correction plug-in (included in AE CS4) features powerful color matching, as discussed very recently in this thread.

But please feel free to file a feature request for PS-like Color Match.