3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 12:57 PM by Cris is Bliss

Color management

Cris is Bliss Level 1

Hello all.

I have 2 admin accounts on a Mac using CS4, OS 10.5.8

I normally log into my ARTs  Admin Account when I plan to do work in Premiere and After Effects.

However today by accident I opened a Premiere Project that I am currently working on in the other Admin Account.  The the brightness of the project was much much darker than in the Arts Admin Account.  Sure enough when I re-logged in to my Arts Admin acccount and opened the project it was the brightness/color that I am used to seeing.    What could possibly be the cause of this.  I would like my projects to look that same on MY computer monitor no matter which account I  log into.  It also made me wonder which brightness/color is the most correct interpretation of my projects. Maybe I've been looking at the wrong brightness all the long.

I had posted about calibrating my monitor before and wonder if  I did something that would make the color different in the 2 accounts.

I haven't got a chance yet to purchase any Spyder or other calibration products.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Color management
          Jim_Simon Level 8
          It also made me wonder which brightness/color is the most correct interpretation of my projects.

That's why you should always judge these things on a properly calibrated external TV, never a computer monitor.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Color management
            the_wine_snob Level 9

First guess would be that one account launches some gamma correction, or color manager.

If I run my PC from the default Administrator Account (not from MY Administrator Account), and then launch Photoshop, Adobe Gamma is not installed, and the screen looks different. Only MY Administrator Account loads Adobe Gamma.

Remember, I'm on a PC and this is just a guess.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Color management
              Cris is Bliss Level 1

Hello Hunt, even though you are on a PC where are the settings located that allow you to choose whether or not Adobe gamma is loaded?  Maybe I tuned off or changed something by accident.