6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2009 4:48 PM by Todd_Kopriva

May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?

ShabazBhat

I have been sharing my experiences with lessons from Dr. Russell Brown and Mr. Richard Harrington as I have been learning Photoshop. I am now learning After Effects. May I also share my experiences on this forum or in messages on the After Effects Help pages as I have done for Photoshop? I do not want to insult anyone by saying that I prefer the lessons of Mr. Andrew Kramer. It is not that I do not find enough from the very nice Adobe manual on the Web. I do! I also find much additional value from the lessons from such others. Is it welcome?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Of course!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I'll second Adolfo's answer with an "absolutely"!

I am the person who writes most of the After Effects manual, and I certainly take no offense at the suggestion that some of Andrew's (or Richard's) tutorials might be better than my pages at communicating certain ideas and techniques. If you have links to share, I say "bring 'em on"! In fact, from this search and this search, you can see that I am happy to include links from Richard and Andrew directly in the After Effects Help document. I would like to include more, but I don't have enough time to watch all of the video tutorials that are out there. If you're volunteering to help out by finding the good tutorials and providing links to them from the relevant pages of Help on the Web... well, for that I (and many others) will be most grateful.

I do ask that you try to find the most relevant pages of the Help document for each tutorial, so that your links are most useful. It's also good if you provide a little summary of the tutorial so that people know what's in it before they click a link. This page contains some examples of how I add links to tutorials.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?
              ShabazBhat Level 1

That is wonderful Mr. Adolf Rozenfeld and Mr. Todd Kopriva! I can not believe that I am able to talk so directly with two Adobe employees about After Effects. When I tried to share what I have learned with people on the Adobe Photoshop forum I did not receive such a welcome. I will go now and write comments to show everyone which tutorials on Mr. Andrew Kramer's Video Copilot I have found to teach me something that I did not learn as completely and well when reading the very nice manual by Adobe.

Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:50:18 -0700

To: shabazbhat@live.com

Subject: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?

Of course!

>

• 4. Re: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?
                ShabazBhat Level 1

I have now written some comments for the pages of the manual to inform people of the video lessons from Mr. Andrew Kramer that I have viewed until now. Please tell me if I have done this correctly and I will do more as I learn. To share with others makes me learn better because I know that I must pay attention to what to tell others. Thank you then for helping me to learn.

• 5. Re: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?
                  Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, some diehard Photoshop forum users are renowned for being a little more intolerant than the other Adobe forums.  But we're very friendly around here, and your contributions are always welcome! :-)

• 6. Re: May I also give links for lessons for After Effects?
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I just looked at your comments. You have been busy!

I really appreciate how you have taken care to leave a summary of what is in each video tutorial that you're pointing to, and how you've placed them on a relevant page. By the way, it's OK to leave the same link on more than one page if it's relevant to multiple pages. (Try to limit it to two or---in rare cases---three.) For example the link to the video tutorial about the benefits of 32bpc color for motion blur could also go on the page about color depths in the "Color" chapter. I'll go ahead and add that one now, but you can keep that in mind for later.

You're doing everyone a great service by providing these links. Now, when others read those pages of After Effects Help, they'll know exactly where to go for more information and some dynamic visual examples.