10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 3:06 AM by wierdboo106

Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)

wierdboo106

So, I went ahead and installed The Adobe Productive Suite Premium or what ever it was called, and all I did was install Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere. I've used all these products on a trial basis and I was very impress, so I bought the bundle. The other programs I didn't need. So, what I did was opened up Premiere for some editing. I tried to import .MPG files that I had converted from .MOD from my JVC Everio, then it said that my files were unsupported or corrupt. So I imported a different file, and it worked. So I went ahead and dropped it in the timeline, when my Program Monitor didn't update and show me my picture/video. Before I could do anything, it crashed. I re-opened it to test out Dynamic link. Like before, it crashed and my program meter was grey for the moment it was still open. Photoshop works just fine, no problems at all. But Premiere is the main one that doesn't work. As far as After Effects, it works fine alone. Is there any way to fix this?

• 1. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Some suggestions

Answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki article.

• 2. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To edit Standard Definition, you should convert to DV AVI type 2 with 48khz 16bit sound

• 3. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
              the_wine_snob Level 9

One quick question: after you Uninstalled your trials, you did run the Adobe Clean Script CS4 a couple of times, didn't you? Otherwise, your installation will not likely work. That is a very important step.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                wierdboo106 Level 1

It isn't Standard definition, it's in HD.

And about the adobe cleaner CS4, I uninstalled all of my programs from the Productive Suite and ran it, and it just exited because it found no CS4 Products.

• 5. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Weird that you did not answer the questions posed.

• 6. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                    wierdboo106 Level 1

What questions? I'm the one asking a question and what Wiki, exactly? Because to me, you're not making sense nor helping at all.

• 7. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                      Harm Millaard Level 7

Click on the link I gave you, read carefully, click on the first included link again, read carefully, follow the steps to the end and then answer the questions. Sorry for assuming that you are familiar with the concept of links. It may be worthwhile to try to grasp what a link can do.

The reason for the questions is that your question can not be answered because of severe lack of details supplied. Only mind readers can make wild guesses and before you know it a month has passed, 100+ posts to and fro posted, bandwidth wasted and the answer to your question still in the air.

• 8. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        And about the adobe cleaner CS4, I uninstalled all of my programs from the Productive Suite and ran it, and it just exited because it found no CS4 Products.

Interesting that there were not just a few, bits-n-pieces left. Still, so long as you ran it. Most recommend running it several times, and then using a Registry "cleaner," like CCleaner (freeware).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                          what Wiki, exactly?

The PrPro-Wiki is a "repository" for all things relating to PrPro. It contains FAQ's, tutorials, and instruction sheets. It was created (?), and at least maintained by a valued forum member, Eddie Lotter, who gathered up everything possible relating to PrPro. Others have added links to articles, tutorials, and, in this case, a series of links to Troubleshooting tips, and also a list of questions, that will help us diagnose problems remotely.

The reason that Harm (and others) link to that entry is that almost everything necessary is contained therein. It saves us typing the questions, and typing the various tips. Yes, there is some linking involved, but it's all there in one place.

Another great thing about that Wiki is the wealth of info on other things involving PrPro. Bookmark the PrPro-Wiki, so you can refer to it for all sorts of FAQ info, and for those tutorials - they are great. Almost everything, that can be done in PrPro is in there somewhere. It is a fabulous resource, beyond just this use.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Premiere Crashing (Productive Premium)
                            wierdboo106 Level 1

I have CCleaner installed and I've been using it for a few months. It didn't really find anything either. But when I ran Clean Script CS4, it found Productions Premium and I decided to remove it. But, now the other programs I had installed on my computer don't show up on the Programs and Features window on my machine. And I think that it did remove Production Premium, but at the same time removed the entries from my machine for my other programs. And I have yet to re-install Production Premium to see if Premiere will work correctly.

EDIT: Nope, still have the problem with Premiere Pro CS4. Still crashing when I put a clip in my timeline, the program frame remaining grey when I actually get it to work, and crashing when I attempt Dynamic Link CS4 between Premiere and After Effects.