• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio slide stop when rollover slidelet problem...

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I will appreciate your help or comments on this one.

I am using cp4, I have slide with audio and a rollover slidelet (no audio here), I selected the option "stop slide audio when slidelet appears".

When I preview Next 5 slides, the slide audio does not stop, (the progress bar shows a pause in the slide).

I have copied the entire slide (slidelet included) and paste it on a new CP file, and it works fine (the slide audio stops when the rollover slidelet appears).

So I copy and paste it back again to the original project (slide 5 original) so it was placed on slide #6. I have previewed the project and on slide 5 the same problem occurs on slide 6 was working fine. Then I deleted slide number 5....and after previewing the project guess what....yes... is not working!!!!

I was wondering what is happening with the slide number 5....is there a setting or something preventing this to work correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Santi

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Santi,

Sometimes Captivate goes nuts like this and a solution that normally works is to copy all your existing slides to a blank project. Try and create a new blank project in Captivate with the same dimensions and then copy / paste all your slides into that. This usually helps with this type of problems.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your email.

I have tried copying the all the slides into a blank cp4 project, but the problem still occurs (slide audio does not stop when rollover slidelet appears).

(This does not happens all the time, this occurs in a few slidelets)

I have inserted a blank slide before the slide with the problem, and this is solving the issue.

Also instead of inserting a blank slide I have tried copying the previous slide, remove the sound and make it short (0.5 sec) and this also works.

I believe this last option is a good workaround, I wonder what is causing the issue or if I might be doing something wrong.

Best regards,

Santi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Santi, I think you have hit on the best solution.  In fact, I always use a duplicate slide without audio at the end of every file to make sure the audio from one Captivate file doesn't 'bleed over' when the next file opens.  --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources