5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 5:59 PM by Jim_Simon

Every Setting I Try, The Video Ends Up Distorted

kilerb

Hi, I created a video tutorial using HyperCam.  It looks good.  I put it in Premiere Pro CS4 and added some titles.  Everytime I export it's much choppier and you can barely read the text in the video.  When I click properties on the video it says the following....

File Path: C:\Users\kilerb\Documents\clip0097.avi
      Type: AVI Movie
      File Size: 63.5 MB
      Image Size: 1096 x 820
      Pixel Depth: 32
      Frame Rate: 10.00
      Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 16 bit - Mono
      Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
      Total Duration: 00;01;13;26
      Average Data Rate: 879 KB / second
      Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Whenever I export with Adobe Media Encoder, no matter which format I pick, it says the source is 720x480.  Not sure why it says the source is that size?  I changed the video output to a bunch of different ratios, including half of the image size above (548x 410) and it still looks choppy.  I've changed the export settings to a bunch of different settings, even the HD ones, and it always comes out not so clear.  I'd like it to be an .flv file if possible.  It seems to be the most compatible across the board with PC/Mac viewers.  It's not just going to Youtube.

Anyway, sorry about all the details in case you didn't need them, but figured the more the better.  How can I get a clean looking file where people can read the text?

Thanks!