3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2009 9:05 AM by Phattcat13

64 bit Camera RAW

Phattcat13

I have downloaded the ACR 5.5 and thought it was installed. After opening the Dialog I checked the "About Camera RAW" uinder the Help Menu and found that it was still at 3.0.

I tried re-installing it again and get this message: "Cannot install. Please click the Quit button."

Why doesn't it update?

• 1. Re: 64 bit Camera RAW
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

What version of Photoshop?

Under "Help" you say is says "3.0", you say it says 3.0 under About Camera Raw? I doubt that...

When you open Camera Raw in the regular non-full screen view, the version of Camera Raw installed is stated right in the Camera Raw main window. Open Camera Raw and tell us what it says in the window title bar...

• 2. Re: 64 bit Camera RAW
            Bill_Janes Level 2

Phattcat13 wrote:

I have downloaded the ACR 5.5 and thought it was installed. After opening the Dialog I checked the "About Camera RAW" uinder the Help Menu and found that it was still at 3.0.

I tried re-installing it again and get this message: "Cannot install. Please click the Quit button."

Why doesn't it update?

Ver 3.x of ACR is from the PSCS2 era and the latest version of Photoshop is PSCS4. ACR works only with versions of PSCS that were current when that particular version of ACR was released. If you are tyring to install ACR 5.5 into an old version of Photoshop, it won't be supported. What version of PS are you using?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: 64 bit Camera RAW
              Phattcat13 Level 1

Jeff and Bill Thanks for your responses. I am using PS CS4 Extended. I guess I was looking in all the wrong places because the version 5.5 did install.

I am very greatful for these forums.

Thanks again.