3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 11:11 PM by Plajia

New animated music video I've done in AE CS4

Plajia

Hi guys I would love your feedback on a music video I did on my own (lot of works into it you will see). I'm also the guy who sing the song let me know what you think. also used 3ds Max for some 3D shots.

Lot of filters applied too.

the video is here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_YGsS7V2Q

hope you like

thanks for watching

Patrick

• 1. Re: New animated music video I've done in AE CS4
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Both the music video and the song are terrific, Patrick. Congratulations! Great work.

• 2. Re: New animated music video I've done in AE CS4
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Wanna share how you made it?

• 3. Re: New animated music video I've done in AE CS4
              Plajia Level 1

Thank you very much Adobe staff! glad you liked it!

After Effects is such a powerful apps.. it leads to very deep creative stuff!

I experimented a lot to give that look I wanted and that style. One trick I discovered to give a bit jerky motion. is that I did all the compositon and animation at 8fps in after effects and than render all my scenes and than re-imported in a new after effects composition set at 23.976fps and than used the awesom Pixel Motion frame blending in AE. so it created those morphing images. than adding cartoon filter did the main trick. I used AE 3d layers and camera and imported some animation stuff from 3ds max in separated layers so I could some elevement with animated white strokes around them to give that drawing effect..  I used a bit of AE expression script (first time I used that) and its awesome. to change filters effect with random values and give life to everything.

hope this give you more info. hard to describe this complex work. but mainly lots of coffee helped

thanks again

cheers,

Patrick