4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2009 10:03 AM by the_wine_snob

Upscaling all images.

deakant Level 1

Hi all,

I have Premiere Pro CS3. I am wanting to import 166 images at 106%., so that the images fill the screen and more. The only command I can find is under New Project>Custom Settings>Optimize Stills and tick the box, but this is only at 100%

Is their a plugin or any other way arounf this?

Thank you

josel

• 1. Re: Upscaling all images.
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Use Motion/Scale.

• 2. Re: Upscaling all images.
            deakant Level 1

Hi Harm Millaard ,

I am using motion scale, but what a drag. copying and pasting the attributes to all 166 images. I was thinking if their was a way in the preference menu or a plugin to speed up the process?

josel

• 3. Re: Upscaling all images.
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Apply it to the first image, then copy, select all the other images and use paste attributes. Done.

Now, if the images are not close together, it may be better to do the scaling in PS with an action.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Upscaling all images.
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Harm has the semi-automated version of this with Motion>Scale applied to the first, and then lasso the rest and Rt-click>Paste Attributes.

I'd like to throw out another. From my testing, I believe that Photoshop has better scaling algorithms, than does PrPro. It also offers more options for the scaling. I scale up, or down, in Photoshop, automating this with an Action and then File>Automate>Batch, using that Action (note: the exact path might differ by PS version, but it'll work the same). One can also adjust the image's PAR, if necessary. I do this from my images' folder to a working folder, say Images\Resized, and then Import from there.

I'll also reset my Still Duration in Edit>Preferences, if needed.

Either way, good luck,

Hunt