0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2009 8:06 AM by Samantha Dash

Binding an Editable Grid: Flex Dev Center Tuorial

Samantha Dash Level 1

I am a Coldfusion developer and trying to learn Flex.

I ran into a problem on one of the Flex tutorials and hoping a guru here can provide an assist.

Here is the link to the section of the tutorual where I am having trouble: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/fcf_binding_data_05.html

Step 8 states: Run the application and change the YTD values for any row as shown in Figure 19. Note that the slices in the PieChart control resize to reflect the change in the DataGrid control values.

I attempted to add the below ActionScript code to enable the editable and updatable grid feature (combination of auto generated-code and my modding). Below is the new code I added to make an editable data grid. Ellipses represent add'l code not included in this cut and paste:

<!-- START CODE -->

<fx:Script>

protected function dataGrid_changeHandler(event:ListEvent):void
          {
               updateItemResult.token = f4CF_Getting_Started_Service.updateItem('YTD');
          }

</fx:Script>

<mx:DataGrid x="195" y="72" id="dataGrid" creationComplete="dataGrid_creationCompleteHandler(event)" dataProvider="{getEmployeeDataByRegionResult.lastResult}" editable="true">

<!-- END CODE -->

However, when I try editing the deployed SWF grid in Firefox i get this error:

"Unable to invoke CFC - You have attempted to dereference a scalarvariable of type class java.lang.String as a structure with members."

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or tell me how to have the real-time grid editing functional?

Thanks

Bluespoon