13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 6:03 PM by the_wine_snob

Unknown error 2130906240

familyproductions

Ok so I've posted this question before but it doesnt seem very well understood since i wrote it very simple and fast so I'm going to try it again to see if hopefully someone can help.

Problem: I have ADOBE PREMIERE PRO (APP) installed on my HP MEDIA CENTER PC m7360n. Ive been using APP for about 3 years now. and this is the second time i get the following issue: When Im done with my project and send it to be burned to a DVD a message pops up saying "unknown error 2130906240" in the middle of the burning process. The first time this happened i resolved it by changing from DVD+R to DVD-R. Now, the second time with this issue, I dont know how else to resolved it. I googled it and it seems as if many people have had this problem but I couldn't find an answer. Only options, such as, buying a laser cleaner (which i did) and changing back form DVD-R to DVD+R. Ive also tried different DVD brands and nothing. So i would really appreciate it if someone helped. I edit videos for videographers to help me pay for my college and bills. and this problem is backing me up. I would really appreciate your help or even just ideas! Thank you!

• 1. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Some suggestions

Read carefully and answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki link.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Don't use Premiere to burn DVDs.  Use Encore.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Only use high quality blank media: Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden or Falcon Media. Do NOT use Memorex, TDK or any store-branded media.

Depending on your burner, either +R, or -R might make a difference. If it's a certified "Multi-drive," this will not make a difference on the burner end, but might on the player end, depending on the age and model of that player.

Do not use RW media for any delivery - it is used for testing ONLY, and again whether it works fine, will depend on your burner.

Check for burner firmware updates.

Make sure that you have no packet-writing software on your system - things like InCD, DLA, etc.

Do not burn at max speed, but maybe 1/2 max speed. I use 2.4x for my Taiyo Yuden media and have never had a return.

Before an editing, or authoring session, try the tips in this ARTICLE.

Last, I 100% agree with Jim. If you have it, use Encore to do ALL authoring. It is so much more powerful and is an authoring program. PrPro's (up through ver. 2.0) has a very rudimentary authoring function. I never use it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's a FAQ Article from the Encore forum, on things and software to avoid, if burning with any Adobe program.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                  familyproductions Level 1

whats the full name of the encore software?

• 6. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    whats the full name of the encore software?

Adobe Encore CS4 now. Up until CS3, the full name was AdobeDVD 2.0 (or earlier versions).

Through ver. 2.0, it was available as a stand-alone (and was included in at least the Production Studio suite). Now, it is only available with PrPro CS3 & CS4.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Unknown error 2130906240

1. Ok so today im going to go buy the different types of DVD you suggested.

2. I just did the firmware update.

3. how can I check if my computer has no packet-writing softwares?

4.I did all the other tips and its helped alot.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

• 8. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        3. how can I check if my computer has no packet-writing softwares?

Most of these will be loaded at Startup. Go to the Start button, and choose Run. Type MSCONFIG. This will bring up a multi-tabbed dialog box. Look at Startup, and then at the list. Do you see InCD or DLA? Do you see any Roxio, or Nero applications? Sometimes, you might have to research some of the names you find, to make sure that they are coming from Roxio, or Nero. Have you ever installed anything from Roxio, or Nero?

Do you have Quicken and if so, have you ever used its Backup to Disk and chosen CD?

These are just some of the possibilities.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Unknown error 2130906240

Ok so im going to have to buy that software. One last question. so when Im done editing my videos with Premiere Pro, I have to open my project with encore and burn it from there? or what do you mean? 

• 10. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Depending on what version you end up with, there are basically two ways to do this:

1.) in later versions, one can use Adobe Dynamic Link to link your Sequences to Encore for authoring

2.) in earlier, or later versions, you can Export from PrPro and then Import into Encore for authoring

I use #2, and Export my Sequences as elemental/elementary streams, with one Video-only, and one Audio-only (no muxing). The Video-only is Imported as a Timeline and the Audio-only as an Asset. From the Project Panel, the Audio is dragged to the appropriate Timeline, where it snaps into place.

I normally use DV-AVI Type II for the Video and PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit (or AC3) for the Audio, and let Encore do the Transcoding automatically. One could also Export as a DVD-compliant MPEG-2 Video and the above Audio specs. for the Audio.

Encore also offers so very many Menuing and navigational options, that you can do nearly anything that you can think of.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Unknown error 2130906240

GREAT! thank you sooo mcuh for all your time and help!!! GOD BLESS!!!

• 12. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                                Jim_Simon Level 8
                                Up until CS3, the full name was AdobeDVD 2.0 (or earlier versions).

The name has always included "Encore".  The "DVD" moniker is what dropped, since it now also creates Blu-ray and Flash output.

• 13. Re: Unknown error 2130906240
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Oops,

Caught me in a typo! Of course it is Encore, I just messed up... multitasking is obviously not my strong suit.

Thanks,

Hunt