2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 9:22 AM by the_wine_snob

PE 8.0 Crashes During Capture

ivar12345

I have a Sony DCR-TRV320 setup as pass through from a DVR to Firewire port to test the capture capabilities of PE 8.0.  I installed a trial version of PE 8.0, even though I purchased a copy on Black Friday.  I can still take it back if unopened, so I want to see how well it would work before I open the box

Essentiall, the program captures for a time, and then crashes to: Adobe has detected that the application . . . has unexpectedly quit. I do not know which lines of the crash report are relevant, but the crash exception lines for 2 of the crashes were:

crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x2eab71b2"

crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x7c91168b"

I looked at the 'Troubleshoot System Errors' FAQ.  I believe my system meets minimum requirements, though I am not sure how to check: Windows Media File 9.5x required  for Windows XP.  The rest of my system is:

system platform="windows" osversion="5.1.2600 SP 3.0" applicationlanguage="Language Neutral" userlanguage="en_US" oslanguage="en_US" ram="3327" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500  @ 2.93GHz.

I have a NVIDIA 7900 graphics card and updated the drivers between crashes.

For the second attempt, I held down the Shift key while choosing Start > Programs > Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.

I also turned off the Camcorder, and unhooked the firewire connection before starting PE 8.0.

I also unchecked the analysis and scene separation boxes before hitting the capture button.

Any ideas?