6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 2:28 PM by Will Lockwood

error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call

khartma2

My computer crashes when I try to preview my project.  It even crashes when I try to preview the classroon in a book project.  I have looked on the Internet and have talked to Adobe support several times.  Adobe Support has not been able to make any suggestions that apply to my computer...and they  hung up on me (twice) after leaving me on hold for a very long time. They keep referring me to Kb 402307 but I don't have DLA service on my computer.  The technician said he was checking on something...but eventually just hung up.

• 1. Re: error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call
          ChrisProsser Adobe Employee

I'm sorry for your experience with our technical support people. That is awful. I will be forwarding your message to provide a more colorful data point about what is actually happening.

You haven't provided much information to go on in this posting so I can't begin to guess at a solution.

Looking in our bug database, I see a few mentions of this error around using Multiprocessing (Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously in the preferences) in CS3/AE8 on XP (and only XP) and another issue importing MPEG files. Could either of those apply?

Also, if you let me know what OS and version of AE you are using it would be helpful.

--chris prosser

ae engineering manager

• 2. Re: error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call
            khartma2 Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding.  Sorry I was so grumpy yesterday...but I was soooooo frustrated trying to get AE to work.  We will be starting AE next week in class and will start final cut pro and PremierPro in February.  I tried to fiddle around with Premier Pro a few months ago, but couldn't get the rendering to work at all.  Ended up having a friend do it on his machine. 

I have a Dell xps computer  intel(r) core(tm) 2 duo cpu, T7250  @2.00 GHz  2.00 GHz, 3.49 GB ram

My c drive (programs) has 28 GB 0f free space

My D drive (data) has 28 GB free space

I am running windows XP 2002 version with service pack 3

My AE is CS4 version 9.0.2

Do you think my problem is a bug, or do you think I need to have a new computer built?  I am thinking of having a machine built as follows. I have CS4 Master collection.  Would all of my programs work on the a machine built to the following specs?

MSI P43Neo MB, 4GB Corsair RAM, Firewire card, Seagate 500G HD,

Seagate 1.5T HD, XFX 9600GT video, LG DVD-R, Win 7 Pro

possibly a separate audio board for digital in, and blue ray burner.

Motherboard has 2 PCI slots, 4 PCI-e (x1) slots, and 1 PCI-e (x16) slot for the video card. FireWire added

FireWire front 2usb front

Fast video with max ram

Quad processor 

Drives, 500G boot, 1.5T data seagates

I am considering a 64 bit Windows 7so I can have more ram, but don't know if it is worth it yet because most programs wouldn't be able to use it anyway.  I would probably just be frustrated with all my programs.

What do you think?  Will my old laptop do or do I need to get the new desktop?

Thank you for your help.

Kathy Hartman

• 3. Re: error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I am considering a 64 bit Windows 7so I can have more ram, but don't know if it is worth it yet because most programs wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

That can be answered easily:

http://blogs.adobe.com/keyframes/2009/10/our_next_release_64-bit_native.html

The rest of the stuff really depends, but since vendors sell different hardware on different continents, I will refrain from advising American customers from a distance (being in Germany). Would require deeper research, aynway. Regarding your otehr issue: Have you checked the Dell support pages? Since those computers uses branded BIOSes and otehr customized drivers, you may need to install a specific driver from Dell instead of using the more general drivers available from the original hardware vendor e.g. your graphics card. If for instance the latest Windows update also has done something on that end, it might have messed up something that worked before. Also, which is a somewhat brute-force approach to such issues, run Windows Update manually with extended options and let it include extra software, in particular .NET runtime 1.1 (if not already on your system). since it updates/ replaces several system libraries with newer versions, this often has magical healing powers for a number of problems.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call
                Will Lockwood Level 1

Does the error happen when previewing certain short MPEG files? If so, I suspect a bug and not the system.

• 5. Re: error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call
                  khartma2 Level 1

Thank you for trying to help. The attached file is from AE classroom in a book.  The project crashes when I preview the portion of the animation that occurs around 30 seconds. 

Kathy

• 6. Re: error: runtime r6025 pure virtual function call
                    Will Lockwood Level 1

I'm not seeing the attachment. Which version of AE Classroom in a book is this? What is the lesson number and project name? I'll try a copy locally.