2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 5:30 AM by Steve Grisetti

Using 'Slide Show' to animate

brianv_00

Hey folks.

I am trying to create stop motion animation using a digital SLR and importing the images to Elements 3, then using the slideshow option. My issue is I can't select a default setting that will move through the images fast enough - it seems to only go down to 1 second.

I can adjust the time for each frame individually, but this isn't really an option as there are hundrerds of images being used.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

• 1. Re: Using 'Slide Show' to animate
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Brian,

It might be different in PrE 3, but you can go to Edit>Preferences and choose the global Still Image Duration. For stop-motion, I find that most subjects look best at 3 frames in a 29.97 NTSC Project.

Now, you will need to delete the existing still, change that Preference and then re-Import for it to take.

Good luck, and hope that this helps.

Hunt

BTW - even when you Import a 3 Frame Duration, you can still manually adjust each image for more, or fewer, Frames. If you only have a few stills, you might want to consider this. I always work on Duration with the Info Panel open and clearly visible.

• 2. Re: Using 'Slide Show' to animate
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are actually five ways to create  a slideshow in Premiere Elements so in order to offer suggestions I'll need to know which

method you're using.