1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 12:16 PM by ilssac

Upload image to a database

cybertek23 Level 1

Hi i am trying to create a page that when a user uploads an image it will check that it is an image file and then print the image name and put that name into the database.

I have got the following code but it only works if the user selects an image file. If they select any other file type i want it to give an error message but i can not get this to work. Any suggestions

[i] <CFIF isdefined ("url.Action")> <!---   Test the file size    --->

<CFIF val(cgi.content_length) gt 1024000>  <!---       the file size is over the limit of 1mb.  Refuse to upload it       --->
        <CFSET variables.Success="Im sorry. The file size is over 1mb. Please select a smaller image">
      <CFELSE>
      <!---       the file is within the limit specified.  Define the accepted       MIME types. this example accepts plain text files and zip       files.      --->
        <CFSET request.AcceptImage=        "image/gif,image/jpg,image/jpeg,image/pjpeg,image/x-png"><!---       now try to upload the file       --->
        <CFTRY>
        <cfset FileToDir = "C:">

<!--- upload the  --->    
      <cffile action="upload" filefield="FileContents" destination="#FileToDir#" nameconflict="Overwrite" accept="#request.AcceptImage#">

<CFSET variables.Success="Uploaded.">
        <CFCATCH type="Application"><!---          something went wrong.  Was it a mime type failure?          --->
        <CFIF isdefined("cfcatch.MimeType")>   <!---              yes it was.  show the friendly error message.              --->
         <CFIF not ListContains                (request.AcceptImage,cfcatch.MimeType)><H1>Im Sorry</H1>This type of file is not allowed for upload.<BR>All that user training really paid off.</P>
      <P>Try again...</P>
         <CFELSE>
      <!---                 Hmmm.  the mimetype is there but the file was on the                   list.  Better dump out the whole error message.                --->
          <CFOUTPUT>
      <B>Error</B><BR>#cfcatch.Message#                #cfcatch.Detail#
          </CFOUTPUT>
         </CFIF>
        <CFELSE>
      <!---              Hmmm.  No mimetype error in the catch scope.              Better dump out the whole error message.             --->
         <CFOUTPUT>
      <B>Error</B><BR>#cfcatch.Message#             #cfcatch.Detail#
         </CFOUTPUT>
        </CFIF>
        <CFABORT></CFCATCH>
        <CFCATCH type="Any">
        <CFOUTPUT>
      <B>Error</B><BR>#cfcatch.Message#         #cfcatch.Detail#
        </CFOUTPUT>
        <CFABORT></CFCATCH></CFTRY>
      </CFIF>
      </CFIF>
      <!--- Display the form --->
      <HTML>
      <HEAD>
      <TITLE>Uploader Test</TITLE>
      </HEAD>
      <BODY>
      <CFIF isdefined ("url.Action")>
      <cfset myFileName = "#CFFILE.ServerFile#">

<CFOUTPUT>
        Your file  <strong>#myFileName#</strong> #variables.Success#

</CFOUTPUT>
      </CFIF>
      <CFOUTPUT>
      <FORM action="#cgi.script_name#?Action=Y" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
      </CFOUTPUT>
      Source File Name:<BR>
      <INPUT name="FileContents" type="FILE" size="45"><BR>
      <INPUT type="submit" value="Upload File">
      </FORM>[/i]