2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2008 5:56 AM by

redirect website...

r_tist Level 1
      Hi!

I'd like to have my soon to be former domain re-direct automatically to a new domain/new website/design whenever someone goes to the old site.
      For just a redirect is it only the domain name registration I need to keep up? I can dump the old hosting, correct?

Now, what sort of HTML are we looking at here? Say if it's for Windows Server and out of curiosity for if its Linux also?

Where would the code go if no more hosting available -- would I have to add it into my domain account remotely?

thanks!
        • 1. Re: redirect website...
          Level 7
          Have the old domain point to the new host servers the same as the new domain
          does. Then ask your new hosts to bring the old domain up as an alias to the
          new domain.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"r_tist" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g38n4n$8ji$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi!
          >
          > I'd like to have my soon to be former domain re-direct automatically to a
          > new
          > domain/new website/design whenever someone goes to the old site.
          > For just a redirect is it only the domain name registration I need to keep
          > up?
          > I can dump the old hosting, correct?
          >
          > Now, what sort of HTML are we looking at here? Say if it's for Windows
          > Server
          > and out of curiosity for if its Linux also?
          >
          > Where would the code go if no more hosting available -- would I have to
          > add it
          > into my domain account remotely?
          >
          > thanks!
          >

• 2. Re: redirect website...
            the tutorials and the resouces are fine but i am looking for a short reply to save my time.