4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 7:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Saving Clip Segments

fls1945

Hi,

I want to cut a large video clip into smaller segments, and then save some of those clips for use in other projects. I am sure there is probably a way to do that but I have not been able to find it.

Any help will be appreciated

• 1. Re: Saving Clip Segments
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum. This is a repository for articles on how to do things in PrE. Steve, our overworked MOD, will probably move this post to the main forum.

Don't be surprised that it gets moved from here.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Saving Clip Segments
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For your question, you will want to use the WAB (Work Area Bar) to Export/Share those segments. Make sure that you check the radio button to Export just the WAB material.

Here's a look at the WAB, so you can set it to what you need. Note: this is for PrE 4, but it should work fine in any recent version of the program.

WAB_Duration_01.jpg

Hope that this helps you, and good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Saving Clip Segments
              fls1945 Level 1

Hi Hunt,

Thanks for the feedback. For future reference, where should this type of inquiry be posted?

Regards,

Frank Sheehan

• 4. Re: Saving Clip Segments
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Frank,

One would post out in the main PrE Forum.

That is where the vast majority of PrE questions are asked, and where the greatest number of subscribers are likely to see it. That is what one wants, more views, so that more help can be forthcoming.

Here, people are usually looking just for articles to help them, and not expecting to find questions. The people coming here are looking at titles, that can help them with their problem. I'm here, because I am gathering links to articles here, to post to questions out in the main forum.

Hope that this helps, and good luck,

Hunt