9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 1:26 AM by DamianDriessen

All imported stills and video have pink overlay.

Of Many, One

I've been using Premiere Pro CS4 for several months now and all of a sudden, I try to create a new project and all of my pictures and video that I place on the timeline show up in the Program Monitor as if they have a transparent pink overlay.  I have attached a .jpg of what I am seeing.  premiere color problem.JPG

In the Source Monitor, it shows up just fine as it should.  When I play it in the Program Monitor, it shows up with this transparent pink overlay.  It doesn't matter what pictures or videos I import, they all look like this.  It doesn't matter what presets I use.  You can see in the Program monitor that on the right of the pink overlay, you can see a portion of the enlarged picture in it's original color.  I have searched every engine, forum, and knowledgebase for mention of this problem but I can't find anything.  I tried even reinstalling Windows XP and CS4 and I still have the problem.  I installed all of the adobe updates as well.  I'm running XP Pro and my user account is an admin on the machine.  I'm on a Dell E6500 laptop.  I don't know what other information to provide.  This is quite madening.  I appreciate your help.

• 1. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
          Of Many, One Level 1

Here is another example of a still that I imported.

premiere color problem.JPG

Another strange thing is that if I click on the image in the Program Monitor, it will bring up a "bounding box" around it and the pink overlay goes away.  If I drag the image off to the left, I can see more of the correct, original image behind it on the right, though it has been moved a bit to the left as well.  Here's an example of me doing that with some video.

And here's what happens when I click on the image in the Program Monitor:

• 2. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
            Of Many, One Level 1

Here's a .jpg of some video that I imported.  As you can see, it's not just a pink overlay, but a negative or some kind of color replacement overlay. 

• 3. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
              Of Many, One Level 1

Okay, another interesting note is that I can take this video and export it to an .avi and there's no sign of the colored overlay.  It appears to be related strictly to the Program Monitor.  I haven't changed any settings from the default.  I can't imagine it being a hardware issue as it works just fine in the source monitor.  This has got to be the simplest thing and I'm just missing it.  Please, I'd really love to fix this very annoying issue.  Thanks.

• 4. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
                Matt Petersen Level 3

Strange behaviour indeed.

I'd start by updating your video driver, and also checking the settings therein.

Looks to me like an overlay issue rather than a Premiere one.

See here also: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/891515

MP

• 5. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

Check your output.  (Top right button in the Program Monitor controls.)  Make sure it's set to Composite.

• 6. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
                    Of Many, One Level 1

Wow, amazing!  God bless you, Matt Petersen.  I have never seen, in 10 years of IT, a video driver causing such strange behavior!  I simply went to Dell's web site, found the updated driver, installed it, rebooted, and everything started working perfectly!  The post that you directed me to was perfect; it exactly fit the bill.  I really can't thank you enough.  I happen to be a network engineer and that is my expertise.  If you ever need any network related help, I'd consider it an honor to assist you: ofmanyone@gmail.com

• 7. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
                      manOutside

Help.....

I am having the exact same problem with the pinkish pastel overlay. I am running windows 7 64bit on a Dell Studio with a core duo and 4 gig of ram. This is a farily fresh install of windows 7, along with premiere pro cs4. I have little else installed. I loaded CS4 for the first time on this laptop about a week ago and have been troubleshooting this problem since.

I went to the Intel page and loaded the lastest drivers for the Mobile Intel 965 Express chip set. No change in the problem. This overlay is shown on all images in the Program Monitor. If I double click on the program monitor image (to implement a move, etc) the pastel overlay disappears until I am done with the move or size, etc... then it returns.

I am traveling and have my laptop along to try to work on a customer project ---- which is due very soon. Any help you might be able to give would be greatly apprciated.

• 8. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
                        Of Many, One Level 1

All I can tell you is that I updated my viedo driver and the problem disappeared.  Please be aware that the problem ONLY exists in Premiere Pro and NOT in the output.  If you export to AVI or DVD or something, the problem does not exist.  If the most recent video driver that you have does not fix the problem then I see no other solution than to wait for an update and do most of your work on your desktop, or ignor the pink overlay knowing that the output will be unaffected.  Sorry, I know how irritating this problem is.  I wish you luck.

• 9. Re: All imported stills and video have pink overlay.
                          DamianDriessen

Hello,

I had the exact problem and finally found an answer.

I'm running Windows 7 and have the Mobile Intel 965 express chipset also. The machine is a HP Pavillion 6560US. After reading a million different posts on the issue, the one that worked for me was to disable the GPU.

In the preferences, untick "Enable GPU playback". Now the colours are correct. It may be a little jerkier and slower, but at least I can see what I'm working with now.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Damian.