2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 10:00 AM by Jeff Bellune

Problem with iPod output preset

jdmack01 Level 1

I am trying to output a video for my client's iPod.  This is the first time that I've been requested to do this.  I have tried using both the large video and small video H.264 iPod presets.  Each time, the resulting video is jittery.  I had no trouble making the DVD from this footage.  You can look at a short sample of what I am experiencing here:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/784659736/9de2d4c5f8740a5d7abcbf430b1c910e

The source footage is .avi.  How might I tweak the settings in the preset to cure this?

J. D.

• 1. Re: Problem with iPod output preset
          jdmack01 Level 1

Bump.

Could someone please create a file with the Premiere iPod preset and let me know if you experience the same problem?  If so, then I'll report the problem to Adobe.  If not, then I'll try to figure out what's wrong on my end.

I did find a workaround.  I outputted the project as a Quicktime file, and then I let iTunes convert that file to their iPod format.  This worked fine for my client, but the conversion was very slow.

J. D.

• 2. Re: Problem with iPod output preset
            Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

The only problems I've had with the iPod preset is playback in Quicktime (green frames that don't show up on the iPod), and the quality of the keyframes when using the MainConcept H.264 encoder.

For CS4.2.1, I'd use the presets, and make sure the field order was progressive in the export settings.  Make sure Maximum Render Quality is checked in the export settings: Video tab, flyout menu.

-Jeff