3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 5:55 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 4 Error Message your license has expired?

M$M7 Level 1

I purchased this product a few years ago when it was the latest thing.  It worked great!!  My computer's hard drive needed to be replaced, so I had to re-install PE4 back in Sept. 2009.  I've only used in maybe 20 or so times since then. (opening it)  I was working on a project today, and it froze up like it does alot when I work with it.  So I just told it to send the problem report to Microsoft then tried restart.  Then I got this message....Your license has expired for this program, please contact customer service.

I did not write the exact words down, I wish I did.  I thought the message would come back again when I opened it up again.  Now it won't even try to open PE4 at all.  Does anyone know what to do about this?  How can my license be expired?  Did my reinstalling it in my same computer after it crashing cause this?

The last time I tried to contact Customer Support, I was told that if I wanted to talk to one of them I had to pay a lot.

Thanks,

Sharon

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error Message your license has expired?
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          My computer's hard drive needed to be replaced, so I had to re-install PE4 back in Sept. 2009.

Though the timing isn't right, it sounds like you installed the trial version (30-day trial), of the program. Did you install from your DVD, or from a download file? Did you use your S/N to register it?

Now, there have been reports of PrPro CS4 "reverting" to the trial, when the CS4.1 update was applied. However, that is a totally different program.

You might want to check the Adobe Knowledgebase for "license expired," etc. There might be something there. Adobe did a utility to re-set PrPro CS4, when the problem occurred, but I have not heard of anything for PrE 4, and there were no updates for PrE 4, to the best of my knowledge.

Good luck, and it just might mean a call to Adobe C/S. Customer Service is usually free, where Technical Service is on a for-pay basis.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error Message your license has expired?
            M$M7 Level 1

When I reinstalled it, I did it from the DVD I had.  I also used the S/N I originally had.

I don't remember doing any updates to it.

Sharon

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error Message your license has expired?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you registered with an Adobe ID? (It's probably the same ID as your logon for this forum.)

If so, you should be able to access the registration/activation page. If you have trouble there, you will have the option of contacting a customer service rep live. And they will indeed help you register your product and at no charge. (I've done it myself with older versions of their products.)