2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2009 12:59 AM by SH6

Using buttons to change language in interactive pdf

SH6

Hi all,

I am creating a interactive pdf document which needs to be in 4 languages, I have created 4 buttons on the front page so the user can click to swap to French, German etc etc, but I want to be able to have all the relevant languages within the same document rather than importing each file in separately so it can be emailed as 1 file. How can I script this to happen and how do I build the document to contain all the language pages. I don’t have any Java script experience or can this be achieved with the standard Acrobat 8 pro toolset? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Sh6

• 1. Re: Using buttons to change language in interactive pdf
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The solution is to use Layers.

• 2. Re: Using buttons to change language in interactive pdf
            SH6 Level 1

Thankyou for your reply.

How would you set these up to work, say you have 14 pages in UK language and on some pages there are already buttons that when pressed show/hide a layer containing facts boxes. As on the front page you would want to then hide all 14 pages of the UK so they are no longer accessible, would you have an action that as you open the French which would be layer 2 an action fires to hide layer 1 which would be the UK.

I was playing around with combine pdfs so you end up with a package so you would have 14 pages x4 in each the package, then you would have a button that links to the front page of each language do packages read in Acrobat reader fine though?

Many thanks for your help.

cheers

Sh6