I watched the Adobe tutorials and the presenter said that flash is more for designers wheras flex is more for developers. I would like to know if:
1. It's possible to convert a flash application to an adobe air application to run on desktop? If so, how? (I really need to know this! )
2. Besides development time, what else is the advantages of flex over flash? (also, is the claim that flex is faster to develop true?)
3. Is there any tutorials on how to use Adobe Air? Is it a compiler or some sort?
A few long questions here but i really hope you can take the time to answer them for me. Whatever feedback would be very much appreciated! Cheers!
1) Sure you can develop AIR with flash, here a link to get you quickly started: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/flash/getting_started.html
2) Advantage of Flex over Flash:
- Less development time (if done right, no problems with layout, history, management)
- Data driven applications can be done quicker with Flex then with Flash
- There is absolutely nothing that you can't do with Flex over Flash, but to enhance the look & feel of the Flex components (buttons, panels) you can use Flash to skin and design.
3) Look above step 1.