3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2009 9:07 PM by Dean Utian

Windows and Mac OS Portability

EBE-FUNDP

Hello,

I expect a strange issu with Director 11 and Director 11.5 on MacOS X 10.5 and later.

We worked with Macromédia Director MX 2004 on Macintosh since the begining.

We have developed an application wich works great. Since we change the computer, we've been on Director 11 to continue the work.

First of all, we tried to convert old files with Director 11 on macintosh. When launching our application, some field does not display correctly, some field were missing, and we were unable to navigate into our application.

We have installed Director 11 on a windows System. We convert the old application and try to launch it. It works fine, all the field are ok.

We put the converted files to the Mac OS system and load it, but we have still the same issue. We are not able to work on the application with director 11. We tried the 11.5 version and the issue still occured. No error message, but still unable to use the proper field in our application.

Did someone expect the same issue ? Is there many differences between Windows and MacOS Director Version ?

Thanks by advance for all information or help you can provide.

Eric

PS : Sorry for my uncorrect english, i hope you should be able to understand my case.

• 1. Re: Windows and Mac OS Portability
          Dean Utian Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I'm not exatly following what you've described. When you say you are unable to navigate - are there script errors, does the content just not display properly? Could you give more detail to what these 'fileds' are that you say are missing?

Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
          http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au

• 2. Re: Windows and Mac OS Portability
            EBE-FUNDP Level 1

Dear Dean,

First of all, thanks for your answer. Here some screenshot to explain the issue :

I launch the program on clicking the Play button. Then here is the first screen.

When the mouse over the 'A' (next) arrow, it displays the encircled text.

tr1.png

I continu to navigate to further sequences.

You can see that the page are correctly displayed, with the number of them at the bottom.

Clicking on next arrow change the number, and the page.

tr2.png

There is a link to a menu. When you click on it, it display list of thematic and you can see that a field appears with mouse over the icone (red circled one).

tr3.png

Everything works fine with the program using Director Windows Version.

But When i use the same program with Director MacOs Version, these issues occured :

First, when mouse over the next arrow, no text is displayed (cf. first picture)

Then page number are not displayed :

tr4.png

To finnish, nothing appears in the last screen :

tr5.png

the 'A' content is missing

the 'B' field is empty

the 'C' field (wich appears on mouse over) is empty too, but when clicking it, this page is loaded.

To Resum the situation : i took  the program made on MX2004 Macintosh. I put it on a PC system.

I use th extra/update animation option to convert the program into director 11.

I open the converted files with director 11 on Windows and it works fine.

I open the converted files with director 11 on MacOS X and i expect these issues.

I hope these explanation should help you to understand my problems, and i hope you should help me to find what's going on.

Thanks.

Eric

• 3. Re: Windows and Mac OS Portability
              Dean Utian Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

So, after updating your D10 movies, it works OK on Windows but not on Mac?

I can't tell off hand what's going wrong. I'd need to see the scripting you're using or teh files directly. Email me offline (d.utian@unsw.edu.au) if you'd like to send me the files.

Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
              http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
              http://www.multimediacreative.com.au