2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2009 1:20 PM by JadeSerra

Critical Errors Were Found - Problems with Installation

JadeSerra

I am encountering some problems while trying to install Adobe Captivate 4, particularly this error:

Windows Internet Explorer:

Critical errors were found in setup.  Please see the Setup log file for details.

I originally downloaded the installation package from the Adobe website but upon receiving the error, I downloaded it from another source still to receive the same error.

After some digging around, I have uninstalled ALL adobe products and deleted every Adobe folder I could find.  Short of poking around in the registry (although I have run a registry cleaner utility), I don't know what to do.  This is what happens:

I double-click the installation package, it proceeds to extract files (I have tried extracting to Desktop and in C: Program Files).

Preparing Files Window:

Please wait while the downloaded files are being extracted.

Installer: Initializing Window:

Checking System Profile...

Loading Setup Window:

Loading Setup, then the error appears

Windows Internet Explorer:

Critical errors were found in setup.  Please see the Setup log file for details.

Please help.  I really don't want to reinstall Windows or reimage or anything.  This is a piece of software from a major company and there should be some sort of solid fix for this that a computer illiterate person can follow.

PS. The Machine I'm trying to install it on is a tablet, running Windows XP tablet edition with SP3.