2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 4:33 PM by joepd

Can't playback .flv from host server but can with ease from desktop.

joepd

I gave the wrong url it should have been: www.holy-trinity-school.com/newhts

thanks

joepd

• 1. Re: Can't playback .flv from host server but can with ease from desktop.
          RossRitchey Level 4

2 things to check.

First is the most likely.  Check that you uploaded the FLV to the correct location.  According to your source HTML, that would be: http://www.holy-trinity-school.com/newhts/produce.flv - I get a 404-file not found on that currently.

Second.  Is the server set up to serve FLV files.  There is a MIME-TYPE that needs to be set-up to allow for the server to work with these types of files.  If that is missing, then it would cause this problem just as though the file was not there.  If you don't know how the server is set-up, or about server set-ups at all, ask the person who controls your server.

• 2. Re: Can't playback .flv from host server but can with ease from desktop.
            joepd Level 1

Thank you so much for the answer.  I called the host server company  and

indeed the .flv read capability was not installed on this account.  It  was on

my other accounts there but not this one.  They installed it and all  is

well.  Thanks again!!

joepd

In a message dated 12/7/2009 9:14:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

2 things  to check.

First is the most likely.  Check that you uploaded  the FLV to the correct

location.  According to your source HTML, that  would be:

http://www.holy-trinity-school.com/newhts/produce.flv - I get a  404-file not found on that

currently.

Second.  Is the server  set up to serve FLV files.  There is a MIME-TYPE

that needs to be set-up  to allow for the server to work with these types of

files.  If that is  missing, then it would cause this problem just as though

the file was not  there.  If you don't know how the server is set-up, or

about server  set-ups at all, ask the person who controls your  server.