0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2009 11:02 AM by tylerjhutchison

Damaged AIR File, Error #1000

tylerjhutchison

Hello,

This is my first post, but hopefully someone here will be able to help me.

I am a Flex Developer who was just recently assigned to help out on a project that has gone bonkers.  The project had been going fairly well... but after the latest build the following messages comes up during installation on Windows XP.

"Sorry, an error has occured.
      The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author."

Awesome!  All we need to do is get a new AIR file from the application author... oh wait... I AM the application author.  Grumble grumble.

So I tried reinstalling the application, but this time I ran it with .airappinstall.log.  Here is what was output by the log.

Starting app install of file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/2009-11-30r33MW4.air
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      Unpackaging to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\fla1D.tmp
      failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #1000" errorID=1000]
      starting cleanup of temporary files
      application installer exiting

So, what exactly is this error?  Can anyone point me to a place where I might be able to look up what Error #1000 is?

Don't worry I have done my homework,  I know there are a decent amount of posts about people recieving an "AIR file damaged" error.  I have looked and read through them all, but when they run a log on the install it ends up being a different error...so the other posts are not entirely helpful.

I am guessing something must have been changed in the most recent build but I was just placed into this project so I do not have much knowledge of previous versions.  Any hints of suggestions about common things to check that might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.