• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not uninstall Flash Player

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut down open programs on the system tray. I ran the uninstall_flash_player.exe.
I checked the Macromedia Folder-Flash Player Folder and the Properties Field reports 4.00 MB, 128 Files, 190 Folders. I checked the Macromedia Folder-Shockwave Folder and the Properties Field reports 1.93 MB, 11 Files and 14 Folders. After the reboot, the results were the same.

After the reboot, I then checked the WINNT\system32\Macromedia. The Properties Field reports 4.78 MB, 27 files and 5 folders.

The uninstaller is not removing all the programs. I want to install Flash Player. How do I remove the Flash Player programs before install Flash Player 9?
My operating environment is Windows 2000 Professional.

It look like the uninstaller is not removing all the programs. I want to install the Flash Player. What should I do .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008
The problem is solved. After running the uninstaller provided from Adobe, I downloaded Flash Player 9 and everything installed successfully.
Thanks for encouragement from Darren McNally from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toggle2008,

It’s possible that the Flash.ocx was registered (locked) and needs to be un-registered… but normally this would be done on purpose by a developer.

I would like to help you resolve this issue. Please either open a support case with Adobe and respond with the case number,

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

...or send me a private message with your contact info. After we resolve the issue we can post the results back on this forum thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall flash player worked fine on the C: drive, but when I re-run the Secunia program to look for insecure programs, it shows that I still have version 5.0.44.0 on the D: drive. I am unable to uninstall it from the D: drive. I hope you can help. Thanks, cromme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The problem is solved. After running the uninstaller provided from Adobe, I downloaded Flash Player 9 and everything installed successfully.
Thanks for encouragement from Darren McNally from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines