2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 9:33 PM by ceejayeegee

Premiere Pro V7 DVD MPEG Decoder unable to load

ceejayeegee Level 1
      After numerous successful DVD productions using Adobe Premiere Pro, my latest effort has crashed during the disk burning process. After completing a lengthy transcoding process, and upon starting the assembly phase, a message appears "Unable to load preferred MPEG decoder or splitter filter (DVD Err - 59002)"
      I have used Main Concept MPEG as my decoder with presets remaining constant for many DVD productions - this is the first problem of this sort I have encountered.
      I've been unsuccessful in finding any forum reference to DVD err- 59002. Can someone offer help as to how to solve this please.
        • 1. Re: Premiere Pro V7 DVD MPEG Decoder unable to load
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Either you or some software package changed the merit of the MainConcept MPEG2 DirectShow filter.  That version of Premiere still relied on DirectX for playback and encoding.

There are several tools available for changing the merit of the DirectShow filters, but their use is not for the faint of heart.  GSpot and RadLight Filter manager are the ones I use.

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Pro V7 DVD MPEG Decoder unable to load
            ceejayeegee Level 1

Thanx Jeff for your comments.

It seems that the problem may have been temporary for reasons

I cannot determine but in any event the Main Concept decoder appears to be again working as it should and I have been able to successfully burn my latest DVD production.

I will keep your suggested solution in mind should it again play up.

Cheers

Colin