0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 7:10 AM by nickrey

Coldfusion Debugging Problems

nickrey

Hi,

I am trying to get the debugging working with CF Builder Beta and Coldfusion 8.

My environment is:

Coldfusion: 8,0,1,195765 Developer Edition

Java: 1.6.0_04

CF Builder Version: 1.0.0 Build: 253229

Windows Vista Ultimate SP2

IIS running on port 80

The error I am getting is:

cf_debug_error.JPG

I have looked up any information I can find and followed all the steps I can but to no avail.

• Changed JRE to 1.5
      • Changed Debug Port from 5005 to 8000
      • Allow Line Debugging in enabled
      • Port numbers match up in Debugging setting and the Java Args in jvm.config

Some observations I have.

• If I start debugging on CF builder, I see the buttons on Debugging setting in CF Admin change from 'Start Debugging Server' to 'Stop Debugging Server' and 'Restart Debugging Server'. Therefore the debugging server is being started okay by CF Builder but it cannot connect.
      • When the debugging server starts I see a new java.exe entry in the Windows Task Manager, but when the server is stopped it does not disappear. If the server is restarted I get multiple java.exe entries in the manager. I have to end these java.exe processes manually.
      • If CF is restarted when there are java.exe processes still running it will not restart.
      • In the server.log file I see entries like 'ColdFusion debugger is listening at port 50293'. Does this mean it is not listening on the correct port?

Any help anyone has on this would be much appreciated. I have already spent a considerable amount of time trying to get this up and running.

Nick