• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does RH7 handle Images?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please take a moment and tell me how RH7 handles images? Does RH7 keep images in their location and just reference them...i.e. If I create an image folder on the server, will it just reference them from there or does it create a copy of the image and store them elsewhere?

I have a very large help site and with multiple section, and we merge them all together. Each section has many images - with some images used across sections. I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to handle them. Based on the help here, I have decided that snippets will be the best option. However, in order for me to use them effectively I need to understand the underlying process. Also, does anyone have a better suggestion on how this could be done?

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Images must be in the project. When you import an image, it is copied to your project. It cannot be outside.

Even with merged help, the images have to be within the specific project and that can mean duplication.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp