2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2009 8:11 AM by Dreamhunter02

Flash CS4 will NOT open or will stall before preview

Dreamhunter02

When I try to open Flash, the splash screen appears and then stops. If I try several time, it may open and then most likely not at the very beginning, but at the point where I browse for the .flv file.

If i get it open, usually at the point where I browse for the .flv file, and I select a .flv file and start the process, the progam freezes at the preview point.

I have to use the processes bar in Windows Task Manager to close the program any time it freezes.

I have already reinstalled the software and that did not help.

• 1. Re: Flash CS4 will NOT open or will stall before preview
          marer1976 Adobe Community Professional

Flash doesn't open Flv files....  these are flash video files. Did you mean .fla?

What OS are you running?

• 2. Re: Flash CS4 will NOT open or will stall before preview
            Dreamhunter02 Level 1

Yes these are small video files.

I am running XP Pro SP3.

Here is a more detailed explaination: When I open the program, the splash screen appears and then eventually the "Import Video" window opens.I just discovered that If I do a cancel, the reguular Flash window opens where I can name my scene and import the video. Most times tne program feeezes while loading the metadata. When that happens, I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close the program.

Last night I downloaded the last update. This morning I tried again, still wants to start with the import video window, but after I canceled that and got the normal screen, it seemed to work OK. But I do not think this will be the norm. Maybe the update fixed the problem, but I am not sure.

While it is working, I am going to create a number of .swf file.

I will post again if it starts to act up.

I am very, very new at this game but would like to get my web site fixed.

Thanks,

Lee