2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2009 8:11 AM by Dreamhunter02

Flash CS4 will NOT open or will stall before preview

Dreamhunter02

When I try to open Flash, the splash screen appears and then stops. If I try several time, it may open and then most likely not at the very beginning, but at the point where I browse for the .flv file.

If i get it open, usually at the point where I browse for the .flv file, and I select a .flv file and start the process, the progam freezes at the preview point.

I have to use the processes bar in Windows Task Manager to close the program any time it freezes.

I have already reinstalled the software and that did not help.

• 1. Re: Flash CS4 will NOT open or will stall before preview
          marer1976 Level 3

Flash doesn't open Flv files....  these are flash video files. Did you mean .fla?

What OS are you running?

• 2. Re: Flash CS4 will NOT open or will stall before preview
            Dreamhunter02 Level 1

Yes these are small video files.

I am running XP Pro SP3.

Here is a more detailed explaination: When I open the program, the splash screen appears and then eventually the "Import Video" window opens.I just discovered that If I do a cancel, the reguular Flash window opens where I can name my scene and import the video. Most times tne program feeezes while loading the metadata. When that happens, I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close the program.

Last night I downloaded the last update. This morning I tried again, still wants to start with the import video window, but after I canceled that and got the normal screen, it seemed to work OK. But I do not think this will be the norm. Maybe the update fixed the problem, but I am not sure.

While it is working, I am going to create a number of .swf file.

I will post again if it starts to act up.

I am very, very new at this game but would like to get my web site fixed.

Thanks,

Lee