9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2007 8:54 PM by G-Rice1990

Making a Website

G-Rice1990
      Hi everyone i need to make a website, I know all the basic features of DreamWeaver and I'm going to buy a domain from www.domain.com for two years for 30 dollars.

I have two questions if i make a dream weaver html file with some links and pictures can i take the html of it and put it in the domain. Like i make website using Dream Weaver for fun and have links connected to another dreamweaver page and the internet and it works but i never tried publishing it to the internet. Can someone give me the steps.
        • 1. Re: Making a Website
          Level 7
          On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:57:57 +0000 (UTC), "G-Rice1990"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone i need to make a website, I know all the basic features of
          >DreamWeaver and I'm going to buy a domain from www.domain.com for two years for
          >30 dollars.
          >
          > I have two questions if i make a dream weaver html file with some links and
          >pictures can i take the html of it and put it in the domain. Like i make
          >website using Dream Weaver for fun and have links connected to another
          >dreamweaver page and the internet and it works but i never tried publishing it
          >to the internet. Can someone give me the steps.

You'll find a good explanation of the basics by reading the
          Dreamweaver help file (press the F1 key).
          --
          Steve
          steve at flyingtigerwebdesign dot com
          • 2. Re: Making a Website
            G-Rice1990 Level 1
            the f1 key doesnt work but i was wondering if it work if i make a project in DreamWeaver and lets say i want it to have a link to like contact us would i have to make another page on dreamweaver and then i link the contact us to it will it still work if i publish it.
            • 3. Re: Making a Website
              G-Rice1990 Level 1
              the f1 key doesnt work but i was wondering if it work if i make a project in DreamWeaver and lets say i want it to have a link to like contact us would i have to make another page on dreamweaver and then i link the contact us to it will it still work if i publish it.
              • 4. Re: Making a Website
                G-Rice1990 Level 1
                sorry for the double post. What im trying to say is that i know how to make a project using dreamweaver. But im saying like if i want to make a link i ussually make another dreamweaver page and then link it to the word that i want them to click on so that it works. And when i preview it, i tlooks great.
                But how do publish it im going to buy a domain for 30 dollars for 2 years from www.domain.com. Do i just copy the html code and paste it in my domain and then it will work or what.
                • 5. Re: Making a Website
                  bregent Most Valuable Participant
                  OK, it sounds like you are registering a domain name for $30. You will also need to purchase a hosting plan and you have your domain point to the host servers. You then 'Put' your html files on that server. Make sense?
                  • 6. Making a Website
                    G-Rice1990 Level 1
                    ok i'm buying a domain from domain.com where could i buy a hosting plan an dhow much do they cost. Ok when i buy a hosting plan i put the html code in the hosting plan and direct it to my website.

is this a good place to do everything:
                    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/web-hosting-plans.html
                    • 7. Re: Making a Website
                      Level 7
                      I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Kind of like trying to run before
                      you have learned how to stand. I suggest you start here:
                      http://www.peachpit.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0321430840&rl=1

Beyond that be patient, take it a step at a time. Make sure you are
                      comfortable with each step before you even consider the next step.

How do you eat a whale? One bite at a time. But only if you chew slowly. :-)

--

Walt

"G-Rice1990" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                      news:eq56r5$3m7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > Hi everyone i need to make a website, I know all the basic features of
                      > DreamWeaver and I'm going to buy a domain from www.domain.com for two
                      > years for
                      > 30 dollars.
                      >
                      > I have two questions if i make a dream weaver html file with some links
                      > and
                      > pictures can i take the html of it and put it in the domain. Like i make
                      > website using Dream Weaver for fun and have links connected to another
                      > dreamweaver page and the internet and it works but i never tried
                      > publishing it
                      > to the internet. Can someone give me the steps.
                      >

• 8. Re: Making a Website
                        Level 7
                        Why doesn't the F1 key work?

--
                        Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                        Adobe Community Expert
                        (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                        ==================
                        http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                        http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                        http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                        http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                        ==================

"G-Rice1990" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                        news:eq57hu$4ip$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                        > the f1 key doesnt work but i was wondering if it work if i make a project
                        > in
                        > DreamWeaver and lets say i want it to have a link to like contact us would
                        > i
                        > have to make another page on dreamweaver and then i link the contact us to
                        > it
                        > will it still work if i publish it.
                        >

• 9. Re: Making a Website
                          G-Rice1990 Level 1
                          maybe im getting in over my head. But that is because i don't wan to do everything for nothing one last question. Im going to work on a dreamweaver project after im done with it can i put it on my domain??