Based on the program's history and, from all indications, the company's policy toward its Elements programs, I think you can be sure there will not be an update or patch.
Meantime, the FAQs to the right of this forum offer the best you can.
It's a sad state of affairs when:
1) The program doesn't work for many (vast majority?) users.
2) Adobe will not release a patch.
3) Adobe will not acknowledge there is a probelm.
4) The tech support is useless.
5) They do not pay attention to the forums.
How is that a good business model? Yes, I know I am preacing to the choir, but none of the other venues are worth anybody's time.