3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2009 5:47 AM by Ned Murphy

buttons inside a movieclips won't work...

xxxheeroxxx Level 1

I have a movieclip that has several buttons inside it. When I use this code:

mc.onRollOver = function()

{

// do stuff

}

The buttons won't work anymore..

• 1. Re: buttons inside a movieclips won't work...
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

By applying a mouse interaction to the movieclip the interaction with the buttons is blocked.

• 2. Re: buttons inside a movieclips won't work...
            xxxheeroxxx Level 1

Hello there Mr. Ned Murphy,

Is there any other way to make buttons inside a movieclip work?

The scenario of my project is having a panel for control buttons, progress bar, sound buttons(on/off). When the cursor is rollover the panel, it will animate going up to reveal buttons which hidden below, for the shortcut of every scenes.

This is what I got.

control_panel_mc->2 frames w/ stop(); on each->2 layers->1st layer(bottom)panel contains buttons->2nd layer(contains button w/ a "swapdepths very important")

and on the 2nd frame 2nd layer theres no button w/ a swapdepths and on the actionscript I have that code: mc.onRollOut = function{ //do something };

Any other suggestion please...

Thanks and more power,

• 3. Re: buttons inside a movieclips won't work...
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This would be easier to manage if you were using AS3, but since you aren't, here's what I'd try...  create a background for the movieclip that sits behind the buttons (even it its alpha is set to zero) and apply the rollover code to that as well as to the buttons.  That way, when you rollover the movieclip, it still animates, and rolling off it and onto the buttons keeps them revealed--I am assuming rolling off the movieclip would otherwise make things disappear again.

1 person found this helpful