5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2007 1:22 AM by Dooza (Steve)

Tabbed Panels

holymackeral Level 1
      This is not a critical issue, just an annoying one.

I am using Dreamweaver CS3 to create tabbed panels: as I use the spry widget, the tabs appear near the page's top left, away from where the tabs should be located - until I click on their content area, then the tabs magically and properly align themselves where they belong. As soon as I move out of the tabbed panel area, the tabs fly off to top left of the page again. The tabs do appear correctly when I view the page in a browser, These roaming tabs drive me nuts while I'm trying to build the web page. Anyone else experiencing this?

Is this a CSS 'thing' or is my video card playing tricks on me? Any ideas on how to cure this?
        • 1. Re: Tabbed Panels
          Level 7
          holymackeral wrote:
          > I am using Dreamweaver CS3 to create tabbed panels: as I use the spry widget,
          > the tabs appear near the page's top left, away from where the tabs should be
          > located - until I click on their content area, then the tabs magically and
          > properly align themselves where they belong. As soon as I move out of the
          > tabbed panel area, the tabs fly off to top left of the page again. The tabs do
          > appear correctly when I view the page in a browser, These roaming tabs drive me
          > nuts while I'm trying to build the web page. Anyone else experiencing this?

No, the tabs stay exactly where they should. I expect that the problem
          is probably due to some interaction between the CSS for the tabbed
          panels and the rest of your design. A possible solution would be to put
          the tabbed panels inside a div.

--
          David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
          Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
          Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
          http://foundationphp.com/
          • 2. Re: Tabbed Panels
            Dooza (Steve) Level 2
            Do you mean that Dreamweaver is displaying things oddly, but when you view it in the browser its fine?
            • 3. Re: Tabbed Panels
              holymackeral Level 1
              Yes. Exactly.

DWCS3 displays the Tabbed Panels with the tabs flying off to the page's top left but the browser always displays the tabs correctly, in their proper place.
              • 4. Re: Tabbed Panels
                holymackeral Level 1
                I'll try your suggestion and see if this corrects the problem. Thanks.
                • 5. Re: Tabbed Panels
                  Dooza (Steve) Level 2
                  quote:

Originally posted by: holymackeral
                  Yes. Exactly.

DWCS3 displays the Tabbed Panels with the tabs flying off to the page's top left but the browser always displays the tabs correctly, in their proper place.

Dreamweaver will not always display everything correctly, it tries its best, but I always preview pages as I am building them, you can not rely on Dreamweaver 100%.

Dooza