• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor doesn't change until mouse move

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug but when I change several topics and then do a save all, a popup appears asking to apply to all topics created from a master page or this topic only.  When this happens I click ok and the popup goes away and the cursor changes to an hourglass.  Then the next topic popup comes again and the cursor will remain an hour glass until the mouse is moved.  You think the system is busy but in reality it is waiting for you to click ok or move the mouse.  If you move the mouse, the cursor changes to an arrow like normal.

This happens every time in my project so either there is something special about my project or it may be a bug so if you get the hour glass try moving the mouse.

dv

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You should consider reporting as a bug. (link is always in my sig)

However, your post causes me to ask the following. Why are you making changes that cause this to happen? Normally you create things from a Master Page so you have more control. I believe the only time you see this particular issue erupt is when you have created a Header and/or Footer that are associated with a Master Page, then you decide to change the Header or Footer in a topic. RoboHelp sees that and asks if you want to update just that topic (and disassociate the topic from the Master Page) or if you want all other topics to be updated as a result of the change.

Hopefully this helps a bit... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use master pages a lot to maintain uniformity. For some reason, if we change anything on a page we are asked this question. You must apply to all pages because the second you say this topic only, any change to a master page will not happen on the page in question. So, it is a pain but we have to click apply every time we change any page that is made from a master or what was a template in previous versions. Unless this is a bug too.

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So you are changing things in the Body part and seeing this? If so, perhaps it is an as yet to be discovered bug. It's been my experience that only changes to Headers and Footers cause that reaction, as they are (or have been to this point) treated differently than the main body part of the page.

I'll have to test... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only make changes to the header or footer to the master page. Every page made from a master page results in a popup message when changing the body. It hope it is a bug and that it gets fixed because I don't like having to constantly click ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my end. I can freely change the Body all I want with no issue.

Are you able to share a small project where this is happening?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to only happen on our large project that is in version control. It is really big too. The compiled chm size is almost 100Mb. We are going to throw a 100Mb party when we get there.

It sounds huge but this is a parts and service manual for a large printer which support 6 very similar models. We are now adding about 1000 global variables for the part numbers. This is working very nicely so far. This format has served us well and this project has been evolving since 2006 with what ever Robo version was from 2005ish. There could be old code being dragged along but to start a new book to clean up the code for a hand full of changes is not practical.

I guess we have to live with these extra clicks. I could probably arrange an adobe connect session if it would be helpful. This event is quite predictable and reproducible.

Does your topic have a table? Are you pulling a topic from version control? My local projects work ok. I have not attempted taking my project out of version control to test locally.

Thanks

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp