4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2009 7:44 AM by the_wine_snob

import .swf not working

mightypants Level 1

I need to convert some swf files to .flv.  I know there are converters out there that do this, but I don't currently have any so if I can do it with PremE 8 I'd like to.  I read that .swf can be imported into Premiere, but when I import these particular files I just get empty black frames.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: import .swf not working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You're not going to have much luck using raw SWFs in Premiere Elements.

But you may be able to use them if you convert them to DV-AVIs first. The FAQs to the right of this forum offers a list of a number of tools and the proper settings for creating DV-AVIs.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

I don't know which, if any, convert SWFs though. That's a pretty unusual format to use as a source video file.

• 2. Re: import .swf not working
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mightvpants

You can import swf into Premiere Elements 8, still no for .flv. I have been there and done that.

Are you having any other problems viewing media in the Edit Mode Monitor? If so, have you gone the route Edit Menu/Preferences/General and disabled "Enable GPU Playback"?

ATR

• 3. Re: import .swf not working
              mightypants Level 1

I have been able to watch and edit other video formats.  Only these swfs are not working--I suspect it has to do with these files themselves.  Thanks.

• 4. Re: import .swf not working
                the_wine_snob Level 9

You might want to look at the Moyea programs. They offer many, that work with SWF and FLV. Not sue which would be best suited for your purposes though.

I use their FLV Importer for PrPro, and it works fine with my version, 2.0. I understand that it does not work with the CS4 version of PrPro, but as of CS4.1 & CS4.2, FLV capability is included.

I always use Adobe Flash going from/to SWF, but that is a totally different program, than PrPro, or PrE.

Good luck, and let us know what works for you,

Hunt