2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 2:11 PM by Szalam

trying to make random particles that float here, there and everywhere

garek007 Level 1

Hi,

I made a new solid and applied CC Particle World to it. I turned the Gravity to 0 and set up the particles so that they fill the screen in every directions. The way that CC Particle World seems to be working is that the particles seem to continually float towards the screen. I want my particles to float toward the screen, away, up, down, left, right, etc. and random speeds between a certain value.

I applied a wiggle to the gravity

wiggle(-.1,.1);

but that isn't looking right. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks,

Stan

• 1. Re: trying to make random particles that float here, there and everywhere
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Physics --> Cone Axis, then vary the Extra and Extra Angle parameters (=emitter direction and emitter angle). Additionally, vary any other parameter as needed, including possibly the emitter position. Simply consider that this is more complex than tweaking just one parameter. Also consider using otehr particle systems like CC Ball Action, CC Bubbles and so on...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: trying to make random particles that float here, there and everywhere
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I was just thinking about this.  It's easy in a plugin like Particular because you can just make the emitter a huge box. But I'll bet you can approximate this with Particle World.  Set your velocity to be a speed you like and then set up a wiggle expression. The frequency should equal the number of particles per second and the amount should be half the area you want the particles appearing in.  The upshot is that for every particle it's creating, it'll be doing it at some random point in the comp window and they'll just be appearing and going everywhere.  Make sure you set up a similar wiggle expression for angle etc.