16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 1:40 AM by rejdmast1

ImporterProcessServer.exe - Application Error

Justin Pamenter

Hello again,

I am aware that this problem has been an issue for many Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 users this year and has been discussed before.

I am starting a new discussion in the hope of getting a final resolution before the end of 2009.

Problem:

We are currently in the process of upgrading 32 Dell Precision T5400 workstations from Adobe CS3 Production Premium to CS4 Production Premium.

The three workstations we have been testing on have been returning the following error and crashing Premiere Pro CS4.2 when trying to playback HDV video from the Source Monitor and from the timeline to the Program Monitor:

ImporterProcessServer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x08c94f3f" referenced memory at "0x027c5880". The memory could not be written.

The problem is very erratic, sometimes happening all the time, sometimes not all. As many users have said before, this is making Premiere Pro CS4.2 unusable. Until we find a permanent solution to this problem, we have no choice but to hold off upgrading to CS4PP and stay with CS3PP for the first six months of 2010.

Can anybody please educate me on the nature of this problem, and offer a serious, permanent solution?

Regards,

Justin Pamenter

Senior Screen & Media Teacher

Gold Coast Institutue of TAFE

Queensland

Australia