6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 10:40 AM by the_wine_snob

Smart Sound Button

kyaksrfur

The Smart Sound button to access Smart Sound tracks is suppose to be in the Audio Tools drop down menu, on the top of the Timeline in Premiere Elements 8. It is not there in my PE 8 program. Does anyone know where it is or how to access the Smart Sound Quicktracks that are suppose to be in the program?

I'm new to the concept of forums  and not sure how to get to where your answers might be. Would you mind responding to my regular e-m at kyaksrfur@comcast.net so I can be sure to get your responses.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Smart Sound Button
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Please do not post your e-mail address on this forum. Spambots frequently scan public forums like this, looking for e-mail addresses to spam.

Also, because of the volume of issues we handle on this forum (including many very similar issues) we aren't able to respond to questions directly. That's, after all, the point of a forum, right?

That said, yes, in version 8 SmartSound is under the Audio Tools drop-down menu on the Timeline. If you don't see it, you may not have installed it. Put your installation disk back in your drive and select the option to install additional content.

If that doesn't work, there are other options -- but, unless something went wrong during your installation, SmartSound should install as part of your regular installation process.

• 2. Re: Smart Sound Button
            the_wine_snob Level 9

It sounds like an installation issue to me. I'd definitely go with the Repair Installation, in hopes that the missing links are completed. Not sure if there is a special step in PrE 8, to install the "goodies," or if they should be done with the regular installation - this is different, depending on the exact program, and on the version.

Though it does not address your current problem, here's a link to a ARTICLE on SmartSound - both the QuickTracks and their Sonicfire Pro.

Glad that Steve commented on this, as I had forgotten where PrE now has the SmartSound button. It used to be under the New icon in the Project Panel. He saved me misstating the location! No "egg on my face," yet this morning...

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Smart Sound Button
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Welcome back, Hunt. We missed you!

Re your post, I'm not sure version 8 includes a repair/installation function (unlike previous versions). That's why I'm hoping simply installing additional content will work. Otherwise, she may need to uninstall and reinstall the program.

• 4. Re: Smart Sound Button
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Thanks for the welcome, and for the info on Repair Install. That has been a real time-saver on many Adobe programs, and has always worked 100% for me.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Smart Sound Button
                  kyaksrfur Level 1

Thanks you for your guidance abt. posting my e-m address on a forum. As I

said I'm new the the world of forums, and was unfamiliar with the protocals.

Also thanks for your guidance about installing the SmartSound QuickTracks.

It worked.

• 6. Re: Smart Sound Button
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

thanks for your guidance about installing the SmartSound QuickTracks. It worked.

Great news and music to our ears!

What happens with personal information is that 'bots roam these fora, gathering everything possible. When looking for contact via e-mail, munging your e-dress is the best way, i.e. infoAThuntphotoDOTcom, etc. If one feels that they might be a tad too cryptic, then an instruction along the lines of AT = @ and DOT = . should suffice. Less likely is that an actual person will make inappropriate contact. I've had a few instances where I got a PM, or e-mail (e-dress in my Profile, except for the days that Adobe's software assigns some odd characters to replace it!) from non-forum members. I'd guess that these are along the lines of "mail-order brides," or similar, but have not bothered to trace them, or follow up. Same thing can happen with telephone numbers. At least the 'bots don't seem to be looking for those - yet.

We all try to help users out at all levels, so that everyone has a wonderful experience here.

Good luck,

Hunt