4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 12:29 PM by IDSkoT

Rendering Too Much v. Going past work area

IDSkoT

This problem just arose recently. Previously, I was able to alter the work area bar, and render with no issues. However, now when I go to any sort of rendering with the work area bar, it keeps rendering past that point. The render screen will come up, and will often read more than 100%, and pause. Once it's completed, the video will not go past the work area bar, but the audio will.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Rendering Too Much v. Going past work area
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You've likely got some extra frames of video out there, beyond the end of your project.

Try dragging your mouse around in the area beyond the end of your project to snag any random clips. (They may be only a frame or so and too small to see.) Then press the Delete key.

Once you get them all (be sure to check any upper, hidden tracks also) the Work Area Bar should shrink back until it's only covering your main project.

• 2. Re: Rendering Too Much v. Going past work area
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As "orphans" can crop up for slightly different reasons, I like to do a couple of things, before I am done with my Project:

1.) hit the \ [Backslash] key to see the full Timeline - often one can see a big gap, and then the orphans

2.) look at my Runtime Counter, and compare it with what I think the Duration should be

3.) with the Timeline zoomed in horizontally, hit the End key, and check exactly where it goes

The above operations are similar, and will give a good check for orphans.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Rendering Too Much v. Going past work area
              IDSkoT Level 1

Perhaps I'm confused. But, I thought the work area bar could be manipulated so that you could only render a 5 minute part out of a 45 minute video? Which is basically what I'm doing, except for the fact that it's not a piece of the movie. We cut and brought it over to one side, edited it a bit, then attempted to render, and we experienced this problem.    

• 4. Re: Rendering Too Much v. Going past work area
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                I thought the work area bar could be manipulated so that you could only render a 5 minute part out of a 45 minute video

That is how it's set - via the little "brackets" at either end. When one checks "Export Work Area," that is what is Exported (or Rendered).

What you are saying then, is that you have adjusted the WAB to where you want the Export to start and stop, have checked Export Work Area, and it's still Exporting beyond the WAB. Is that correct?

What are your Assets and what is your Project Preset? There might be something there. Can you also post a screen-cap of your Timeline showing the WAB?

Sorry that I got off track on something that is not part of your problem. At first, it seemed logical.

Good luck,

Hunt