From your notes i assume you are using AIR 1.5.3. Can you confirm please that this is the case?
What version of MAC OS are you using?
This link shows how to get crash information on mac: https://webkit.org/quality/crashlogs.html
The following info might help:
1. crash report
2. steps to reproduce the problem/sample app if possible
Yes, I'm using AIR 1.5.3.
My application is developed in Windows XP. When it runs under Mac OS X 10.5, it sometimes quit unexpectedly. It's very difficult to find a pattern of how and when it quits.
It's stable under Windows XP.
Thanks for the crash logs. Can you give more details about what is the application doing/maybe a small sample that i might take a look and spot a possible cause for the crash? Is the application developed in Flex? Can you try run the application with 2.0 beta version from labs and see if it still crashes?
Thank you for taking a look.
1. Crash happens in AIR 2 beta too.
2. The application can be downloaded at http://www.peaya.com/paper/PeayaPaper.air
3. It was developed in Flex 3
4. The application is basically a scientific publication / PDF manager. It utilize the following function provided by AIR: local sqlite, network connection to web, pdf display etc.
5. The crash happens only under Mac 10.5 or above (not 10.4 or Windows)
I've just downloaded the app, played briefly with it, no crash so far. Can you give me some hints/guidance about some actions that i should perform in order to crash it?
It's hard to identify what causes the crash -- which makes it hard to debug. You may do some search and click around.
Attached is another crash report happened today. OS: Mac 10.6.2. Hope it helps a little bit.
Thank you for working on this.
crash3.txt.zip 9.1 K
I think one cause of such crash in Mac is PDF. When I hope PDFs, sometimes it crashes. It's still not easy to duplicate the crash when you actually want to duplicate but one possible way is:
1. launch the app
2. search something like "fmri plos biol"
3. a list of papers will be found, most of them w/ PDF icon
4. select a paper, also select the "web/pdf" tab right to "summary"
5. select other papers, pdf will load for each paper
6. keep changing paper selection, then sometimes the app will crash
7. if not crash, then leave the app on for a while (say 1hr), then go back to the app, change paper selection.
I can't guarantee these operations will lead to a crash for sure. But it's more likely than others.