4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 4:53 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere CS3 Stops when loading that 1 project !

kishoreda-RrOFau Level 1

Dear friends !

I have Vista 64

I use Premiere CS3

And recently upgraded my video card

I was working on a music video about 5 mins long , I added all effects , transition and etc, I have total of only 4 layers plus 1 audio.

Everything went smooth and I exported it to movie and got my final AVI, but suddenly I remembered that I had to add a 20 seconds clip

at the end, so I reopened the project and Premiere CS3 crashes !!

But if I open any other project, then it works fine.

So, I took my finished AVI (the one that I made earlier) to Encore CS3 and Encore Stopped as well ...WTH.

Then I Used my AVI to create a new project and added that 20 sec at the end of it, then "Export to Movie" again

result was fine , then I used the same project to "Export to Encore" Encore crashed ...WTH.

when I play that AVI file that I made earlier with Windown Media player, then it works fine.

Any Ideas !!

• 1. Re: Premiere CS3 Stops when loading that 1 project !
          kishoreda-RrOFau Level 1

Ok. got it !!

Got some Ideas here, i think its Not a bad idea to start a thread regarding "when PPro freezes"

One of the files that was originally in FLV, I used a program to convert it to AVI , OK maybe that program did something to the file, which causes the PPro to freez.

I deleted that one AVI file that caused the PPro to freez, now the project opens with no problem !! but that file is missing, its OK at least I know , what caused the PPro to freez !

One other thing that causes PPro to freez is some third party plug ins !!

• 2. Re: Premiere CS3 Stops when loading that 1 project !
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got your Project finished.

As for what can freeze PrPro, well lots of things. These can be issues with the system, the Project, the Assets, and a few more.

Not sure what went wrong with your FLV to AVI conversion, but some converters play fast and loose with their export.

One thought for next time, or maybe to resurrect this Project is the Moyea FLV Importer plug-in for PrPro. It will work with PrPro 2.0, and I believe with CS3 too, though will not work with any flavor of CS4. For me, this plug-in works perfectly with FLV material, and all conversions are internal, and have yet to cause any issues. I use it with PrPro 2.0.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere CS3 Stops when loading that 1 project !
              kishoreda-RrOFau Level 1

Thanks Hunt.

You and Jim are always great help !!

Yeah I believe the converter added some stuff to the AVI causing it to have an error, because that's what was the error code describing it as !

I will definitely look in to the program you mentioned and will take it from there , that program " Moyea FLV Importer" you mentioined does it act just like part of PPro, I mean when I try to load a FLV , it'll import it or its a stand alone situation ?

Thanks !!

• 4. Re: Premiere CS3 Stops when loading that 1 project !
                the_wine_snob Level 9

In PrPro 2.0, the Moyea FLV Importer is a full plug-in, and works transparently and seamlessly. I assume that it's the same in CS3, but cannot test. CS4 added some stuff, that killed this importer plug-in, but I believe that as of CS4.1 (and now CS4.2) incorporates FLV importation. I cannot vouch for how well, or poorly, it handles FLV.

Good luck,

Hunt