Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 + WinXP + Patches 01, 02 - RH8 locks up when trying to add a missing topic

Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug report rather than a "cry for help" for Mssrs. Grainge and friends.

RH8 + WinXP + Patches 01, 02 - WebHelp for a web-based application - about 300 topics (htm files) - Project started in RH 6, output done once with RH7 and now we are using RH8.  Thanks for all answers to my previous entries here.  Now, I am tackling the broken links list.  When I select a topic from the broken links list and right-click, I get a context menu with several choices including "Restore".  When I select Restore, I get a dialog box with the choices: "Try to find" or "Create new".  If I select "Try to find" and click OK, RH8 instantly locks up.  It freezes on the screen and you can't close it, minimize it, or move it.  I have to start Microsoft Program Manager and then RH8 shows as "Still Running" but I end it.  It does go away instantly and I can restart it.  Any ideas to prevent this would be welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Investigate whether the target topic is actually in the project when you look using Windows Explorer. If these broken links are attributable to the folder bug, then right clicking and selecting Restore does fix the problem. I think there is more to the problem in this case.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp