12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2009 2:33 PM by nados

Where do i find a good illustrator for project?

nados Level 1

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to the correct forum where i might be able to find some good illustrators to give me a quote for a job?

• 1. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

You know this is not the proper forum to ask this question.

It is sort of against the rues mostly to protect the participant against getting involved with someone looking to take advantage
          using the internet as a means of hiding themselves from their obligation to someone that might trustingly agree to use their talents
          in a way that will not be beneficial to anyone but say  the person who has solicited for services.

I am writing to warn anyone who is tempted that during hard times this is more likely to happen.

Although business seems fine in our industry the perception might be one can take advantage.

There are agencies that are set up to do this very thing do a searc.h onthe internet.

• 2. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
            nados Level 1

Sorry you all....

I know this forum has no "jobs" catagory which is why i just asked where i could go to find some good artists.  I know i can go on the internet and search - which i have already done, but i was hoping to be lead by what i feel are reputable members to a few reputable job forums or job sites where i could look for illustrators (in my state and local to me) i could screen for a possible job.

It was not my intention to scam anyone and i didn't know that it was imporper to even ask where to go - to ask.  However, i can understand your concern of having forum members being scammed.

FYI, every time i update my resume on monster.com, i get a bunch of spam email job offers from what appears to be telemarketers. In a free market system both sides must be careful.

Please accept my appologies.

I would recommend that this post or thread be removed asap to prevent any further problems.

• 3. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
              shunithD Level 3

Hey Wade...

I see nothing wrong in the OP's question... he's nort asking for (professional) Illustrator's here, he's just asking for a pointer (forum) to where he can find them. He's not even asked for names or recommendations or anything like that... just where he can go to find them.

I think that's fair enough... after all, if he can't ask in the Illustrator forum, where can he?

• 4. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

As I posted I don't think this is the proper forum and it is kind of against the rules.

And though it is not actually a direct solicitation I wanted everyone to know why this can be a problem.

I doubt that nados is anything but honorable.

However there is a way of going about this on the forum.

One can click on the person's name and see all the info about them including their website and one can contact them privately if they
                are interested in such services or want to ask for a recommendation of this nature. But by doing this on the user to user forum it might attract other people who may not have the same intentions as nados and that is where the problem lies and we can end of with a lot of spammers.

Perhaps a thread or special forum for showcasing work could be good.

I agree with you there is nothing about nados particular posting that seems inappropriate.

• 5. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                  shunithD Level 3

Wade_Zimmerman wrote:

<snipped>

I agree with you there is nothing about nados particular posting that seems inappropriate.

Ok... guess that's what i was trying to say... regarding your other points, i more or less agree with you...

• 6. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                    JETalmage Level 6

I see nothing wrong in the OP's question

Nor do I. Nor do I see anything in the "rules" prohibiting such a simple question.

JET

• 7. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                      Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

There you go again suggesting I wrote something i did not.

There is a reason the OP has not got a response directly to their request and I address the problems with doing what he is trying to do

on this forum.

I admire your grammar your reading perception has a lot to be desired.

There are rules about self promoting and this sort of introduces a way of possibly doing this that might encourage spammers.

If you do not appreciate that then by all means go ahead and start and see what happens.

Go ahead and supply nados with some sources and see how it goes and keep your fingers cross.

• 8. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                        nados Level 1

Ok....  I can see that i have inadvertantly opened a can of worms here.  It was not my intention - really.

However, as Mr. Zimmerman suggested and i quote:

Perhaps a thread or special forum for showcasing work could be good.

I would suggest either a general adobe "Talent/showcase" forum with subcatagories for each type of talent such as; Illustration (Illustrator), Publishing (Indesign), Editing/visual FX (Premiere), Animation/Presentations (Flash), web design (Dreamweaver) and so on...... or a Talent/Showcase catagory under each Product catagory. There are already subcatagories under Illustrator.

Look, there are bad guys and organizations around every corner in or out of this forum. But we can't be afraid putting our foot out there.

Please stop arguing - and lets find a solution.

Most people and organizations prefer to do business with venders that have either...

1. been referred by others that have established their professionalism, credibility and honesty or

2. established a healthly relationship with and established their professionalism, credibility and honesty on their own.

I view this forum as a more credible source of talent as opposed to outside websites because of the communication involved.  Don't get me wrong though, sources like linkedin are also good.

• 9. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                          Tim Dunbar Level 1

Yeah, Adobe might include a talent pool that differentiated Illustrators by their specialities, All Illustrators have strong and weak areas, and the ability for a talent showcase to function nicely would be for both parties to exemplify specific skills and needs. By the way, is this the proper forum to express the little things that you wish you could do in Illustrator since 3.0 and hasn't been done yet?

• 10. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                            nados Level 1

HI all,

I revised my previous post above.

Artists with cross product talent could indicate that in their showcase.

Tim,

Tim Dunbar wrote:

By the way, is this the proper forum to express the little things that you wish you could do in Illustrator since 3.0 and hasn't been done yet?

Sure.

• 12. Re: Where do i find a good illustrator for project?
                              nados Level 1

Bryan,

thanks for the lead, however i'm looking for someone, preferably in Michigan - USA, that can do photo realistic or near photo realistic illustrations of - in my case - automotive unibody frame components. The problem is the time constraint the client has put on the project. So even if i find someone, the job still may not happen.