5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2009 3:42 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 7 & 8 Not Exporting

Kevin805

I can share my project from the tabbed menu under "Share", but none of the HD presets are there. I need a preset for Apple TV like the one I had in PRE 7. The "Export" menu option from the file menu is grayed out and not available?

I have a Quad Core Extreme, 8 gig ram, Win 7 x64 and plenty of hard drive space.

Previously it was working just fine in Elements 7, then upgraded to 8 and it stopped working on both platforms. I just finished a project in 8 and now I cannot export it in HD.

I have been reading elsewhere that are issues with Nvidia and Asus motherboards in 8, can anyone confirm.

Any help is appreciated,

Kevin

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 7 & 8 Not Exporting
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are indeed issues with Share functions in Windows 7 64-bit, since not all of the 64-bit drivers are yet compatible with 32-bit programs, and that could be part of your problem.

You can try updating to the latest version of Quicktime and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise -- until there are compatible drivers released -- you may need to use other programs (like Quicktime Pro) to convert your files to that codec.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 7 & 8 Not Exporting
            Kevin805 Level 1

What has me struggling is that I don't even have the Export function from the file menu available to me. I did with 7 before I upgraded, my next step will try to remove all traces of 8 and go back to 7. I tried a MPEG encoding from the Share tab, but the audio did not come out, probably a multiplexing issue. It just troubles me that I spent the money for the software and now I can't use it. Thanks for the quick replay I do appreciate it.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 7 & 8 Not Exporting
              Kevin805 Level 1

I tried to uninstall 8, looked in all the user folders, program folders, etc. but it semed to reatain all my preferences. I tried Google but no luck, anyone know any good guides to blow out all Adobe files from your computer & registry?

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 7 & 8 Not Exporting
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

CCleaner and EasyCleaner are both free registry cleaning tools.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 7 & 8 Not Exporting
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

As you have found, the File>Export is dead in PrE 8. It should have been removed from the GUI.

Now, of multiplexing, there are several tabs for MPEG Export in Share: General, Video, Audio and Multiplexing. Even if you choose both Audio & Video in the General tab, you still need to choose DVD vs None in the Multiplexing tab. I think that is how things are laid out in PrE 8, but I am going from memory on what I have read - could be another tab in there. Still, one must set the type of Multiplexing.

Good luck,

Hunt