3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2009 6:58 PM by Jeff Schewe

Very Difficult

Nikonal58 Level 1

I am admittedly not very computer literate but I'm reasonably good at following directions (prompts).  How is it that a somewhat sane person can not get a simple download taken care of using a reasonably modern operating system (Vista)? Adobe tech needs to simplify things a bit in my humble opinion. This is regarding Camera Raw 5.5 for PSE6.  Nothing seems to get the 5.5 on my computer and working.  I may very well just go to another photo editing brand after this.  I can't imagine another being less informative upfront, or less accessible.

• 1. Re: Very Difficult
          Wolf Eilers Level 4

Your posting is not very clear as to your specific difficulty but perhaps you might want to go here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4582

• 2. Re: Very Difficult
            Nikonal58 Level 1

Thank you, but I have tried to find the right download from the Adobe site without luck many, many times over several days.  First of all, I was unable to locate the CR5.5 download for PSE6 on the Adobe official site.  I did find that download on that site by searching with Dogpile only to have it not download, not do anything, not inform me that I needed to something first before installing, even when it had a place to click for the installation. I clicked it and got nothing, not even a 'wait a moment'!  In short, Adobe software (even before it is installed)  is as far from user friendly as I can conceive to be possible!  Because of its lack of basic prompting, and the Adobe's inability to reach down to the level of many of its product's users, I think I am in the market for editing software away from Adobe.  Talk about a massive cruise liner stuck in a mud pond!

• 3. Re: Very Difficult
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Nikonal58 wrote:

Thank you, but I have tried to find the right download from the Adobe site without luck many, many times over several days. 

Try the Camera Raw Product Page...you should have been able to find the Camera Raw 5.5 update for Photoshop Elements.

In the future you might take into account that the forums are User to User forums so you aren't talking to Adobe, just other users...it would also be useful to include basic troubleshooting info like what OS you are on...