4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 12:13 AM by Bernd Alheit

Printing multiple pages per sheet using a PostScript driver and GhostScript.

Tynged

I have three PDF files containing a total of 165 pages. I would like to print 162 of these pages onto two sides of a 8.5 × 11 in. "Letter" size paper. That is 81 pages per sheet. I don't care about loss of clarity or readability, just that fact that there are 81 (or I suppose 80 would be possible and would fit much nicer) pages of the document shown. I've seen this done before, so it is possible. It involved printing using a PostScript driver. I don't own a PostScript printer, so GhostScript will take the resulting PostScript document and print it on a non-PostScript printer.

The first issue I'm having is with using the PostScript driver to print 80 pages per sheet. The only printing options I can find allow you to print 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, or 16 pages per sheet, no customizable value present.

Does anyone have any words of advice or a source for information on the process of how this can be done? Thanks in advance.