3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 6:31 PM by 7D lamb

AE CS4 + Win7x64 + Quicktime 7.6.5 not compatible ?

yenaphe Level 4

Hi everyone,

I've been using my AE CS4 9.0.2 on my WIn7x64bit without any problem so far, but today i've updated my quicktime from a QT 7.x.y (can't remember which version) to QT 7.6.5. Now everythime I launch AE, i've got a warning saying that QT stuff is disabled because no compatible QT could be found.

So my question is: what is the highest QT version supported by AE on Win7x64 ? (For info, I'm using a licenced version of Quicktime Pro)

And if anyone knows where I can find the old QT installer, as Apple only gives us the latest version.

It's on days like this that I feel so dumb updating something that ain't broke...

• 1. Re: AE CS4 + Win7x64 + Quicktime 7.6.5 not compatible ?
          HarryPutnam Level 1

yenaphe wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been using my AE CS4 9.0.2 on my WIn7x64bit without any problem so far, but today i've updated my quicktime from a QT 7.x.y (can't remember which version) to QT 7.6.5. Now everythime I launch AE, i've got a warning saying that QT stuff is disabled because no compatible QT could be found.

So my question is: what is the highest QT version supported by AE on Win7x64 ? (For info, I'm using a licenced version of Quicktime Pro)

And if anyone knows where I can find the old QT installer, as Apple only gives us the latest version.

It's on days like this that I feel so dumb updating something that ain't broke...

I think this is the same problem I ran into too but not on win 7... I believe you just need to move a certain file into a path where AE will see it.

This appears to happen on recent updates of qt that happen after AE is installed.

Find this file in qt installation directory: QTFC.dll and copy it to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files  or whereever the apropriate path is on win 7.

But  in the install folder of AE/Support Files/

• 2. Re: AE CS4 + Win7x64 + Quicktime 7.6.5 not compatible ?
            yenaphe Level 4

Thanks ! That did the trick.

Seb

• 3. Re: AE CS4 + Win7x64 + Quicktime 7.6.5 not compatible ?
              7D lamb

Thanks for the post!! i was having the same major problem!