• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML Syntax within coldfusion

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to write some xml within a coldfusion page, but unfortunately have no experience with XML.

In it's most basic format if i hard code the values the code below works fine;

getprice.cfm

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PriceData Ver="2.0" Status="Complete" Design="ARGB1">
<Prices>
<Val Key="1">$ 47.50</Val>
<Val Key="6">$ 42.80</Val>
<Val Key="10">$ 38.50</Val>
<Val Key="21">$ 33.49</Val>
<Val Key="50">$ 30.15</Val>
</Prices>
</PriceData>

However I am trying to query a database to get these prices, something like below. I'm really unclear how this should be formatted but from searching google i believe something like this is possible? I cant get my page to work. Any help with syntax appreciated. Thanks...

getprice.cfm

<cfxml casesensitive="no" variable="PriceData">

<!--------------------Get prices from database---------------------------------->

<cfquery name="pricequery" datasource="#client.dsn#" username="#client.username#" password="#client.password#">
Select * from custom_signs
where material=<cfqueryparam value='#trim(url.material)#' cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" maxlength="20">
AND w2w_size=<cfqueryparam value='#trim(url.size)#' cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" maxlength="20"> and
type = <cfqueryparam value='#trim(url.Password)#' cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" maxlength="14"></cfquery>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Prices>
<cfoutput query="pricesquery">
<Val Key="#XMLFormat(pricesquery.LowQTY)#"><cfoutput>#XMLFormat(pricesquery.price)#</cfoutput></Val>
</cfoutput>

</Prices>
</PriceData>

</cfxml>

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the query outside of the <cfxml...> tag, it is creating unnecessary and problematic whitespace.

Unless you are expecting to output multiple values in each <val...> node, you only need the outer <cfoutput...> block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're just trying to run a query and then push the results as an XML document try this.  If this isn't what you're trying to do please clarify your requirements.

Don't leave any blank spaces between start of XML text and start of file content, some XML parsers will have trouble if you do. 
Use CFCONTENT to specify MIME type and clear output prior to the start of your XML file.

You won't need the CFXML tag unless you need to manipulate your XML within ColdFusion code.

There is also an un-needed CFOUTPUT tag in your code sample.

<cfcontent type="text/xml" reset="yes" /><?xml version="1.0"?>
<Prices>
<Val Key="#XMLFormat(pricesquery.LowQTY)#">#XMLFormat(pricesquery.price)#</Val>
</cfoutput>
</Prices>
</PriceData>

Message was edited by: JR "Bob" Dobbs Removed extra CFOUTPUT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<!--------------------Get prices from database---------------------------------->
<cfquery name="pricequery" datasource="#client.dsn#" username="#client.username#" password="#client.password#">
Select * from custom_signs
where material=<cfqueryparam value='#trim(url.material)#' cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" maxlength="20">
AND w2w_size=<cfqueryparam value='#trim(url.size)#' cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" maxlength="20"> and
type = <cfqueryparam value='#trim(url.Password)#' cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" maxlength="14"></cfquery>

<!--- The cfxml tag will automatically add the processing instruction line <?xml etc etc. --->
<cfxml casesensitive="no" variable="PriceData">
<Prices>
<Val Key="#XMLFormat(pricesquery.LowQTY)#">#XMLFormat(pricesquery.price)#</Val>
</cfoutput>
</Prices>
</PriceData>
</cfxml>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation